Thursday, November 29, 2007

Two Great Tastes That Taste Great Together

With World AIDS Day only a few days away, I have shifted into over-drive at Season of Concern.

Add to that the fact that the children's show that I'm rehearsing right now - - Lyle, Lyle Crocodile with music and lyrics provided by the insanely talented George Howe - - opens in two weeks and you'll understand why I am on the verge of a Britney breakdown.

You know, where I go nutballs one night and shave off all my hair...

Oh... no... I just realized... I've already passed the first stage of Spears insanity! Years ago!!

If you see me walking towards a car with a large umbrella, cancel my appearance on the VMA's. Or at least convince me wear something other than a belly shirt. Please!

But even though things are hectic, I had to take a moment to post this video, because I never thought I would live to see the day when Dolly Parton and Amy Sedaris would come together on screen.

Yes, THAT Dolly and THAT Amy. No joke. It's wonderfully bizarre. Especially if you think that Dora Lee from 9 TO 5 and Jeri Blank from STRANGERS WITH CANDY are becoming friends at long last.

Or even more brilliant - - imagine Truvy meeting Piglet.

The mind reels...

8 comments:

Aaron said...

Dolly knows where the epicenter of coolness lies--Amy's the Lily Tomlin of the new millenium! (I notice Jane Fonda was NOT invited this time--does anyone miss her?) :-)

Her last costume change made me smile...nice to see the gingham shirt tied at the waist again!

Stephen R. said...

Aaron - Isn't it great? Dolly knows the business of show business. Having Amy Sedaris in her video is a brilliant move.

Although, does this make Amy the new Porter Waggoner? :)

Gregory said...

OMFG!!! Amy and Dolly are two of my favorite people ever.

God bless you, Stephen, and the work you do.

Aaron said...

I don't think so...I can't see Amy pulling a towel out of a box of detergent. ;-) But I think it IS an indication of things we can expect to see, and I'm very happy about that. Always loved me some Amy AND Dolly...

Stephen R. said...

Catty Bitch - Thank you, sweetie. So glad we feel the same way about Amy and Dolly.

Aaron - You're SO right! Pulling a towel out of a box of detergent is a talent only a few truly have. :)

Mark in DE said...

Amy Sedaris' show "Strangers With Candy" was the highlight of my week when it was on. I can't believe those bozos at Comedy Central cancelled it. Its by far the best show they've ever run.

Aaron wrote: "nice to see the gingham shirt tied at the waist again!"
Mark writes: "Its so Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island!"

Mark :-)

Stephen R. said...

Mark - A couple of years ago at the Pride Parade, my friends and I were standing next to a building on Broadway and this gorgeous bear of a man walked by with a t-shirt that had Jeri Blank's face painted on the front. On the back, it said, "Fandango?" As he walked past us, all of us screamed in unison, "Hobo Camp! HOBO CAMP!" He stopped, turned around and said, "You guys are the only ones who have gotten my shirt all day long." I love some STRANGERS WITH CANDY!

Lance Noe said...

Amy sedaris, Dolly parton and a monkey! NOTHING better than that!