Friday, November 30, 2007

2 Sets of 20 at 3160

Look who's at 3160 tonight, appearing with the fabulous Amy Cole and Jeff Roscoe.

It's a "kinda pixelated" (lick me, Jeff Roscoe) Stephen Rader.

Why am I announcing this so late?

Well, with LYLE rehearsals and World AIDS Day coming up and with Jeff's different projects, we haven't had much time to rehearse.

Actually, we haven't had ANY time to rehearse.

So tonight, after my Season of Concern meeting, I will rush home, throw some music in a binder and walk over to 3160 for my two 20 minute sets.

God only knows what will happen.

Luckily, I talk - - a lot - - on the mic and as Alex and I have said in the past...
"Twenty minutes? That's like one song, right?"

13 comments:

Aaron said...

Good luck! We're opening "Rudolph" or I'd be there. But I will see you at the SOC thingie before!

Mark in DE said...

Sounds like a blast! Post pictures.

Mark :-)

Stephen R. said...

Aaron - Break a leg tonight! I wish I could be there!!

Mark - I'll see what I can do. If a friend comes with a camera, I'll definitely post whatever pictures they take. At least the pictures will look good even if my singing isn't up to par. :)

dirk.mancuso said...

Oh. Em. Gee.

Way to give those of us not in the city NO WAY to plan a trip up to hear your awesome pipes.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Anonymous said...

Break a something or other

Stephen R. said...

Dirk - I'll serenade you anytime you want. Any day. With no two drink minimum. :)

Sorry for the late notice.

Stephen R. said...

Dana - Thanks! Who knows what I'll break with no rehearsal! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my God! I've never met a headliner before! Wait, I've never actually met you...blogging is confusing....

Stephen R. said...

Dana - I'm far from a headliner. I'm the guy you call to sing for a few minutes while you pee and chug a couple of cocktails. :)

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...watersports and power drinking....are you SURE you're singing at 3160 and not Touche'?

*evil grin*

Bob said...

Aww. Wish I would have known sooner. We love 3160. Hope it stays open - it's always so empty when we go there.

whimsical brainpan said...

Let us know how it went.

Stephen R. said...

McCool - I never sing a Touche. I cry out a lot and say, "Thank you, Daddy, may I have another," but rarely do I sing there. Unless Daddy wants me to. :)

Bob - It is usually empty and thank the Lord it was on Friday, cause I sounded like Brenda Vaccarro for PlayTex. I got through it, though. Barely.

Whim - It was okay. Not my best work, but then again, when I don't do my best work, we're not stuck with a War in Iraq and an economy spiraling out of control, so really, it was just fine.