Sunday, November 11, 2007

More SONGS in January

In a world where good things seem to happen to bad people on a daily basis, I cheer when good things happen to great people.

Especially when that person is a great friend of mine like Alanda Coon.

She has been receiving RAVE reviews for her work in Bohemian Theatre Ensemble's production of SONGS FOR A NEW WORLD and even though it closes today, they have announced a four week revival of the production at Theatre Building Chicago in January.

Cute Kris Vire over at Time Out Chicago not only gave the show one of it's amazing reviews, he also featured Alanda in his post about the show's extension on the Time Out Blog.

If you missed Alanda and the rest of the thrilling cast - - Michael Arthur, Jayson Brooks and Jess Godwin - - in SONGS FOR A NEW WORLD, make plans now to see the show in January.

Alanda's STARS IN THE MOON is a masterpiece of powerhouse vocals and exquisite acting. No one else in this city can do what she does. No one.

And she's my friend. How friggin' cool is that?!?

9 comments:

Steven said...

While it's not necessarily the same, I look at this as being one of those "what a small world we live in" instances. It was just the other day that I saw the article. And then to see a "shout out" about it on a blog of someone I've been "reading" is "neat-o."

Stephen R. said...

Steven - It is a small world, indeed. Go see Alanda in SONGS FOR A NEW WORLD if you get a chance. Or see her in anything. She's truly an incredible talent in this city.

I have a feeling there will be several more of these "small world" moments for the two of us in the near future. I can't wait!!! :)

jer said...

i saw it today...soooo sad that she wasn't in it. i guess i'll have to see it again.

Stephen R. said...

jer - You should. I'm sure Harmony was great in the role, but Alanda is my favorite. A great performer who sings from her soul. I'll go back with you in January. :)

jer said...

done

Aaron said...

I saw this a few weeks ago, because Andra (our "Caged Dames" musical director) was doing the music for this one, too.

It was REALLY awesome--BoHo is a small space, but they actually expanded it.

Stephen R. said...

Aaron - Yep, it was a great show. Come back with me and Jer in January. :)

Michael said...

I'll come with you too. I missed it!

Stephen R. said...

Michael - It's a date!!! :)