Tuesday, November 13, 2007

TMI Tuesday

This week's TMI Tuesday truly lives up to it's name.


1. Have you ever met a fellow blogger in person?

I sure have. I met Aaron from Go Away I'm Reading and he is charming, intelligent and radiant. It comes across in his writing, but in person his humor and his smile just shine.


2. Did you ever play an innocent game of "I'll show you mine if you show me yours"? How old where you?

I have never been coy enough to play "I'll show you mine if you show me yours." Jaded? Yes. Coy? Not even in the womb.

I wasn't coy, but I was imaginative, so at a very young age, my friend Tim showed me his and I showed him mine in the proper way: During a game of "Doctor."

My memory of this is fuzzy at best, but Tim was the doctor and I was his patient. And for some reason, I had to be restrained.

You read that correctly. I was maybe 7 years old and I was playing a game of "Doctor" where I was restrained. As in "tied to the bed."

Maybe my "character" was suicidal or something. Maybe I was supposed to be schizophrenic. Maybe I wanted to be Susan Hayward in I WANT TO LIVE. Who knows. Whatever the reason, I was, as I said, tied to the bed.

Which made it easier for Tim, the "Doctor," to pull my pants down. Still, I'm not quite sure how we justified a doctor needing to pull his pants down when he was standing in front of a patient who was tied to a bed.

I swear I'm not making this up. This happened.

That's as far as it went, though. Just our pants down. Just showing. No touching.

Well, I couldn't realistically touch him since I was bound tightly to his Superman sheets, but he didn't touch me. Damn it.


3. When did you get your first not so innocent kiss?

The first night I went into a gay bar. I was 18 years old and this big, beefy, muscular bear of a man took a liking to me.

Before I knew what was happening, he pulled me up to him - - yep, I said UP to him because he was so damn tall, and yes it was so damn hot!! - - and when he planted one of those "I'm hungry for love. Set the table, bitch" kind of kisses on me, my hands moved down his chest and then, I froze.

I was experiencing not only my first "The Time For Jungle Fucking Has Commenced" kiss but also, my first hot man who had both his nipples pierced!

It freaked me out, it turned me on and suddenly, vanilla wasn't my favorite flavor.


4. Have you ever awoke with someone who's name you did not remember?

Actually, no.

Wow. That's such a great thing to realize! I'm not a tramp!!!

Hey, y'all! I'M NOT A TRAMP!!!


5. Have you ever let someone else wash you while you were perfectly capable of doing it yourself?

Wash? No. Shave? YES!


Bonus (as in optional): What makes a great first date for you?

Not having to try. When it's filled with easy conversation. When he makes me laugh.

When he reaches for my hand at the exact same time that I reach for his hand, there's no fumbling and our hands fit together so well that we don't seem to remember them ever being apart.

I had that exact date. I remember that date. And I have no idea what scared him away from me.

15 comments:

Bunny said...

LOL @ #4!!

Happy TMI!

Stephen R. said...

Bunny - It's funny, but I'm serious! What great news!! I'm not a tramp!!! :) Happy TMI!

Rick Rockhill said...

cute post. Its funny, knowing you from my days in Chicago and getting caught up again in your life since. Its really nice for me Stephen. hard to 'splain.

;-)

Polt said...

I love your gerat date scenario. It made my sigh like a schoolgirl thinking of her first crush.

but I'm a bit concerned that I was turned on about being tied up with Superman bedsheets.....

HUGS...

BirdMadGirl said...

I love the embrace photo you posted - it's beautiful. And your bonus answer made my heart flutter and then ache... *kisses

Stephen R. said...

Rick - That is EXACTLY what I love about blogging. Reconnecting with old friends, making new ones, keeping informed on all of the nutball stuff going on in the world. I love it.

Polt - You're concerned? Hell, I turned it into a lifestyle! With men my own age!!! But still, there is tying up. And Superman sheets. :)

Valyna - Thank you. I think that's what we all are searching for. May we all find it. Soon.

Anonymous said...

*reads #4. slinks back off into interweb.*

Stephen R. said...

supertiff - What are saying there? :)

the joy - Why thank you! Use it often! Usually lots of fun comes (pardon the pun) when you say that!

Aaron said...

I totally missed this post yesterday, because I was catching up on your earlier ones (I was gone for a day or two) and forgot to scroll back up! I love your answer to #1. This guy sounds like a real catch! I'll bet he smells like the catch of the day, too...;-)

One of my friends tied me up during a game of Cowboys and Indians when we were young (yes, were were SO PC in the 70s). I popped wood immediately--it was SO embarrassing. And yet...not.

"And I have no idea what scared him away from me."

It was probably too perfect for HIM, too...when there's a chance it could get serious, that's when guys freak and the phone suddenly gets quiet.

(I've learned to love the silence. I can fill it with Missing Persons and Nina Hagen.)

Stephen R. said...

Aaron - The guy is a real catch, but I doubt that he knows it. Which probably makes him even more of a catch. :)

I think it was too perfect for him. I rarely fall for a guy. I'm always so damn guarded and afraid, so when my friends saw me falling, they kept saying, in front of him, "Wow, you really like this guy! Congratulations! I hope you two are happy together," and all that stuff. So, by date four, he stopped returning my calls. Date four!

I don't enjoy the silence. I don't care if Depeche Mode tells me to. And while I love being alone at times, the loneliness is starting to really affect me.

Aaron said...

I feel you there...sometimes I talk to my cat as if she were a child (albeit a craven, evil one). But we'll try to keep your life full and noisy! :-)

Stephen R. said...

Aaron - Thank you. I appreciate that. I will keep your life full and noisy as well.

whimsical brainpan said...

"I'm hungry for love. Set the table, bitch"

That is just priceless!

Anonymous said...

Your answer to 4 is hilarious and your Bonus is awesome. Happy late TMI! :)

Stephen R. said...

Whim - And it works, baby! It works!!

Amorous Rocker - Thank you! It actually shocked me to realize that!!! :)