Friday, August 03, 2007

Teen Titans: Year One

Several comic book bloggers, including Ray over at Super Underwear Perverts and your's truly, are squealing with childhood glee after the release of a couple of images by Kark Kerschl for DC's upcoming miniseries, TEEN TITANS: YEAR ONE.



During my first comic book collection phase - - roughly from about age 7 or 8 to college... which I refer to as my personal "Golden Age" - - I became obsessed with THE NEW TEEN TITANS by Marv Wolfman and George Perez. I loved it so much that I started spending big bucks on back issues of the original series, THE TEEN TITANS, and reveled in the kitschy, 60's sensibility.

With so many different teen heroes added to the roster over the years (especially during that 52 week gap in ONE YEAR LATER... does ANYONE know what the Hell happened to The Titans during that year... I mean, "Young Frankenstein," y'all?), it's great to see the group at it's BRAVE AND BOLD original (well, second appearance) membership of four - - Robin (Dick Grayson), Wonder Girl (Donna Troy), Kid Flash (Wally West) and Aqualad (Garth)


I mean, Wonder Girl in those red, lace up sandals and Robin back in booties and green briefs - - what's not to love?

And Kerschl's Aqualad... wild...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Aunt Stephen:

I enjoyed comic books as a kid, but never the superhero ones. It was Archie and friends and Richie Rich for me.

The tights, the crazy superhero fashions, the muscle-bound crime-fighters... I could appreciate them, but was never turned on by them.

Does this make me less gay?

Signed,
Doug in Riverdale

David said...

I'm sure the gang at NAMBLA are thrilled too.

Stephen R. said...

Doug - Let's see. You're NOT turned on by tights, crazy fashions and muscles. And you bought ARCHIE?!?! I gotta tell you, if it wasn't for the whole "sex with men" thing, I would say you would decidedly straight! :)

David - Just because I enjoy a retro-Robin and a team of Teen Titans who are actually TEENS (as opposed to 20-something's as they have been on occasion), doesn't mean that Chris Hanson is going to be knocking on my door to film me on TO CATCH A PREDATOR!

I don't like boys. Give me a full grown man. One who has perfected his oral technique.

Anonymous said...

I guess I better clarify....

Tights, crazy fashions and muscles definitely turn me on... just not in comic books.

Regarding Archie, it was Veronica and Betty's outfits I was usually critiquing.

And Miss Grundy? C'mon... total lez.

Stephen R. said...

dovajorth - The only Grundy I know is Solomon Grundy - - the villain who makes Bizarro look like Brainiac.

RAD said...

Depends on WHO is wearing the Tights, crazy fashions with muscles to definitely turn me on...Cute! I love Robin!!

Stephen R. said...

rad homo - I know! I have always had a crush on Robin. Nightwing and Red Hood - - yeah, yeah, yeah, but always Robin.

So much so, that I've toyed with the idea of getting the Robin "R" tattooed on my left pec.

I know. Extreme geek tat, but it would make me happy. :)

Anonymous said...

Miss Grundy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Grundy

And the origin of Solomon Grundy:

Solomon Grundy,
Born on a Monday,
Christened on Tuesday,
Married on Wednesday,
Took ill on Thursday,
Grew worse on Friday,
Died on Saturday,
Buried on Sunday.
That was the end of
Solomon Grundy.

It's a Googly kind of day.

Stephen R. said...

dovajorth - That Mrs. Grundy was one foxy chick. I wonder if she ever dated Solomon?

RobOrange said...

http://bp3.blogger.com/_UHcAvIopOP8/Ru7ebE5LrsI/AAAAAAAAADU/3xMnvZI8b2E/s1600-h/robin1small.jpg



http://nunoplati.blogspot.com/



To feed your Robin fetish.