Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Queer Fest Midwest

Those that know me know that when it comes to contemporary music, I am tragically unhip.

See? No one has used the word "hip" since our boys were in Korea and Ike was in Mamie.

(Ten Points if you know where I stole that "boys / Korea / Ike / Mamie joke.)

So, when one of the coolest - - if not THE coolest - - bloggers around, Jockohomo, posts about a queer music festival that is in my very own back yard, I take that as a sign that I need to expand my musical knowledge beyond Judy, Liza, Lorna and "Little Joe."

Check this out Chicagoans...



Here's all the info...

"As two of Chicago's prominent independent queer voices, Chill Magazine and Think Pink Radio have joined forces to put together Chicago's first summer queer music festival.

"Queer Fest Midwest will be an all-day celebration featuring national and local queer musical acts and art and will benefit About Face Theater and WLUW. The festival will be held Aug. 25 at the Pulaski Park Fieldhouse (1419 W. Blackhawk)"

And you know it's going to be a kick ass festival when it starts with a kick off party that has THIS for it's postcard...


Now, for a boy like that, I would give up showtunes... for a little while, anyway...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this - we can't wait for the festival!

Stephen R. said...

You're welcome! I'm looking forward to the 25th!