Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Dame Shirley Bassey Gets The Party Started

Busy day here, but I had to quickly share my new favorite thing.

This is the ever-fabulous Shirley Bassey...

...correction, Dame Shirley Bassey...

...the legendary voice behind "This Is My Life," "Never, Never, Never," "(Where Do I Begin?) Love Story," "History Repeating" and the trio of James Bond theme songs, "Goldfinger," "Moonraker" and "Diamonds Are Forever"...

...singing Pink's "Get The Party Started."

This is joy. Absolute, pure joy!


6 comments:

Michael said...

I had the song on myspace for a while. The video is gay!!!!

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

I too love Dame Shirleys' cover of this but it's really the first time I could understand the lyrics. They're truly, truly lame. I mean, even for a silly pop song.

Donnie said...

A queen performed to this song at a drag show last weekend-I was LOVING it! Thanks for posting the vid.

whimsical brainpan said...

Wicked!

Rick Rockhill said...

Can I just tell you that I am perhaps the biggest Shirley Bassey fan eva??? I play her on my iPod all the time. Thanks for making me smile Stephen. ;-)