Saturday, August 04, 2007

3,665 And Counting...

I just updated the section of my blog where I track the number of U.S. Soldiers who have lost their lives in the Iraq War since March, 2003.

The current total as of today, August 4th, is Three Thousand, Six Hundred Sixty-Five U.S. Soldiers who have died in this war.

Again, that is not some random number. Those are people. Our people. Our friends, our family, our loved ones. Our people.

I previously updated this section on July 31st - - only four days ago - - and in those four days twelve U.S. Soldiers died. Twelve!

What the fuck do we - - the citizens of the United States - - have to do to convince our elected officials that we want this war to end now? Elections didn't work. Blogging and bitching isn't working. What will work? Good old fashioned protesting in the streets? That hasn't done much to change the Washington Elite's opinion on Immigration Reform, now has it?

Maybe screaming and shouting and DEMANDING the impeachment of Bush and Cheney will help us end this war. Shirley Heezgay posted about this site a few days ago - - ImpeachBush.org. Maybe casting our vote on this site will help. I will try anything to get America to care about men and women dying half a world away in a war our leaders lied to get us into. I'll do anything to get America and Americans angry.

It's such an old joke now that it's bordering on the pathetic, but if it takes me putting on a shitty, blue dress and a beret, getting down on my knees and blowing both Bush and Cheney to get someone to start impeachment proceedings on these two morally corrupt, smug destroyers of The Constitution, then bring me my knee pads and put those withered cocks in my mouth. I've had it with waiting and talking and debating.

Listen up, Democrats: Grow a pair of balls and fight back. Somebody somewhere must stop these motherfuckers in The White House. It's already too late for 3,665 of our own people. How many more have to die until we admit we have no idea what we're doing over there and get the Hell out?

Let's get our house in order before we try to change the world to be just like us.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw a fabulous bumper sticker the other day, wish I had it.

"Give impeachment a chance"

Stephen R. said...

Lance's Friend - I love it! I need the bumper sticker! I may not have a car, but I can buy a ton of them and stick them everywhere!

Stephen R. said...

Lance's Friend - I found that bumper sticker. Go here:

http://www.stampandshout.com/shop/bumper-stickers/give-impeachment-a-chance.php

Only $3. Well worth it. Thanks for telling me about it.

Anonymous said...

Great bumper sticker. Some days I want to scream and shout and think we can force a change. Other days, like today, I just want to hide in bed, pull the covers over my head, close my eyes and pretend this is a nightmare and it's all going to go away when I open my eyes.

Stephen R. said...

lapopessa - I agree completely. I just find myself getting wrapped up in the "American Idol" distractions of our culture and I keep trying to remind myself and others that there is a war going on. I wish that we had rationing or something to make all Americans really feel the impact of this war firsthand. As it is, the war barely even registers in our consciousness.

Great blogs you have! Really wonderful!

Lance Noe said...

SO makes me wish i were in america on Sept 15th. I would soooooo go!

Stephen R. said...

Lance - I know. I'm tempted to make my way to Washington on Sept. 15th. Very tempted.