Thursday, April 03, 2008

Ur So Gay

Since a few of you are interested in just how I turned a day of being an extra on the set of While You Were Sleeping into a mob scene where I had the director and several assistant directors screaming at me, I promise to write it all down and post it. Later. When I have a little more time to write it all down and explore every nuance of the ill-fated story.

Until then, I give you one of my new favorite songs. I saw this video about a week or so ago and after playing it about 1,000 times, I bought it on iTunes.

If you see me on the bus listening to my iPod and laughing out loud like a crazy person, you can pretty much assume I'm listening to this.

This is Katy Perry singing Ur So Gay...



Just to entice you to hit "play," the opening lines of the song are...
"I hope you hang yourself with your H&M scarf
While jacking off listening to Mozart"


I've done that. It was a Gap scarf and I was listening to Dolly Parton's "Baby, I'm Burnin'" but the end result was friggin' awesome.

8 comments:

Stan said...

Sorry I'm missing something here. In my old age I always try to stay hip and what not to you youngsters, but this is when my age REALLY shows. Now I know how my 89 yr. old Dad must feel at times.

Aaron said...

"While You Were Sleeping" was such a sucky movie, anyway...although I always kinda liked Bill Pullman, even HE couldn't save that one. Whatever you did, they should have left it in. Maybe that would have made it tolerable...!

I LOVE "Baby I'm Burnin'." I love the syn-drum pops after "hot as a pistol"--it's so 1978. Our grade school pop-pom girls did a routine to that where they pretended to shoot guns and blow on them after that line. I always started hooting with laughter, and got lots of dirty looks from the nuns.

Stephen R. said...

stan - Trust me, I feel the EXACT same way about 98% of the time!!! I just laugh at how she's calling this guy out for all his "metrosexual" bullshit. Needing "SPF 45 just to stay alive" and how she's angry cause he'd "rather MySpace instead." It's so... well... gay! :)

aaron - It's official. You and I were separated at birth. Those synths after "Hot as a pistol" are what my brother and I would use to shoot our Star Wars guns when we danced around the living room to this song. And I had it on - - wait for it, wait for it - - PICTURE DISK!! Remember those? I loved it!!!

Mark in DE said...

Cute song and video.

So it was a Gap scarf, eh? Man, you've got SO MANY stories to tell!!!

Mark :-)

Anonymous said...

Steven dear , you are one twisted sexy MAN!!! I'd Love to see you reenact Baby I'm burning, naked with your BIG man pistol.

Anonymous said...

I've seen autoerotic asphyxiation go wrong so very many times.

And those were just old BOYFRIENDS. I'm not talking about my CLIENTS.

Anonymous said...

I don't know which song is more bizarre, this one or the new Madonna single. Yes, I know, homoblasphemy, but I think it's total crap.

Kristie said...

Thanks for turning me on to this music. Just downloaded the song for free from her website. I really love the song on her Myspace page "I Kissed A Girl"