Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Onion & Iron Man: 'Nuff Said

There is so much hype surrounding all of this summer's hoped-to-be-incredible event movies.

I'm probably more guilty than most at deifying these films, primarily because 98% of these films are being made for people exactly like me.

We are living in the Age of the Fanboy Geek.

Superhero movies (if done well) make major corporations a LOT of money, which means that the same guy who might have snickered at me a few years ago as I sat on the bus reading a comic book is now courting me as if I were a high priced hooker at the Emperors Club.

So, I get a little over excited about a kick ass Batman movie trailer from time to time.

It happens to the best of us.

This video from The Onion shows me just how ridiculous I've almost become...



Wildly Popular 'Iron Man' Trailer To Be Adapted Into Full-Length Film

4 comments:

Mark in DE said...

I saw a trailer for Iron Man, starring Robert Downy Jr, and thought "he looks like Al Pacino, after his huge facelift".

Mark :-)

cb said...

This is funny! Yeah, leave it to the Onion to skewer the whole "movie trailer geek fan" thing!

FaceLIFT? More like FaceHOIST!

whimsical brainpan said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

wait, hold on......Robert Downey Jr is IRON MAN????? SERIOUSLY?!

Okay, I now officially boycott IRON MAN.