Monday, April 14, 2008

The West Texas Compound and the Catholic Church

This was the beginning of the final "New Rule" on Real Time with Bill Maher this past Friday, and not only is this incredibly funny, it's also absolutely true...
"Whenever you combine a secretive compound, religion, and weirdos in pioneer outfits, there's gonna be some child fucking going on."

Of course, Bill is talking about the compound in West Texas that was raided last week, but then, he turns the discussion to the Catholic church and, more specifically, to the Pope.

Bill had this little piece of info about the current Pope Formerly Known as a Nazi...

"When the current Pope was in his previous Vatican job as John Paul's Dick Cheney, he wrote a letter instructing every Catholic bishop to keep the sex abuse of minors secret until the statute of limitations ran out."

Check out that entire "New Rule" in the video below. It may be a little out there for some, but it's definitely something to think about during the Pope's visit to the U.S. this week.

7 comments:

Stan said...

I too caught this on "Real Time" last Friday night and laughed my ass off! Anything or anyone who sees the humor, irony and outright hypocrisy in any of the organized superstitions as I like to call them really cracks me up. As a former, fallen catholic I cannot believe the media hype going on currently here in the NYC area surrounding the upcoming papal visit. This rat-singer person deserves all the rotten tomatoes in town thrown at him in my book.

Aaron said...

"Besides, altar boys can't GET pregnant!"

True, although I did have a bit of a scare when I was in 6th grade. (But it turned out I was just getting fat...)

Project Christopher said...

I loved it! I also caught that the compound's caption was "Bring 'em Young" playing on the big Mormon university Brigham Young :)

bad boys bad boys.. whatcha gonna do??

whimsical brainpan said...

I love that man!

michaelvankerckhove said...

Love me some Bill M. Thanks for posting the vid! :-)

EMikeGarcia said...

Fantastic post!

I love Bill Maher, he's one of my heroes. I promise. It says so on my MySpace.

Therefore, it's true.

Mark in DE said...

Hot tranny mess!

Mark :-)