Tuesday, April 01, 2008

TMI Tuesday

A rather bizarre, April Fools version of TMI Tuesday.


1. How are your March Madness picks doing? or What is your favorite event?

My March Madness picks? You're kidding, right?

My favorite event? Dinner. If you've never had a meal that is an event, you've never lived in the South.


2. What is the best April Fool's joke - EVER?

Ever? Well, I don't know about "ever," but the year that Taco Bell claimed to have purchased The Liberty Bell and renamed it "The Taco Liberty Bell" - - that one I actually fell for and then laughed my ass off at the brilliance of the joke.


3. Valentine's Day - bogus holiday or romantic holiday?

Although, I don't like to be told when to be romantic - - I like being told when and how to do certain things on certain men, but "romance" is usually not high on the docket on those particular evenings - - I will say that Valentine's Day has the potential to be a romantic holiday.

However, Chicago's October version of Valentine's Day called "Sweetest Day" - - Do any other cities celebrate Sweetest Day? - - is an EXTREMELY bogus holiday and anyone wishing to celebrate Sweetest Day with me can sit and spin. And I don't mean that in the fun way, either.


4. If you made any New Year's Resolutions have you broken them yet? or What have you done lately to make yourself a better person?

I joined a gym. Isn't that enough? Do I actually have to GO?!?

Oh, I do? Fuck.


5. If you believe in 'regret', what is your biggest regret? If you don't believe in 'regret', what do you call 'errors in judgment' or 'missed opportunities' in your philosophy of life?

I don't "believe" in regret, but there are things in my life that I do regret.

I regret that I let my first boyfriend here in Chicago slip through my fingers. I regret that, to be in a city that I love and that allows me to pursue my art, I have to be hundreds of miles away from my family. I regret that I don't have more time to spend with family and friends.

But in life, there are no mistakes. I believe there are reasons for everything. Even if we can't see the reasons until much later in life. Everything happens for a reason.


Bonus (as in optional): Tell us about four things about yourself, one of which isn't true.

Oh, THIS should be fun.

1) I've tricked with a major theatre critic for the Chicago Sun-Times and got some great reviews out of it (among other things).

2) I was an extra in and can be seen very briefly in the Chicago-based film While You Were Sleeping.

3) I'm allergic to aspirin because I ate children's chewable aspirin like candy when I was a child.


4) I have a pair of
Jinx Titanic's sweaty underwear in my closet.

Which do you think is false?

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I can't say which of the items on your list you meant to be false, but I can tell which one is medically incorrect.

Chewing baby aspirin like candy could have all sorts of medical implications, but developing an allergy isn't one of them.

Anonymous said...

i don't know stephen, those sound pretty believable! LOL

i'm going to guess that the aspirin thing is the only true one.

Anonymous said...

I really hope it's the aspirin thing, because I really hope the other things are true. (It would be cool to know someone for whom the other things are true!)

Bunny said...

Sweetest Day is a Hallmark holiday, for reals. I think Hallmark even trademarked it. I think only high school kids care about it.

Bonus: I think #1 isn't true. I really did eat children's aspirin like candy as a kid and really am allergic to aspirin and ibuprofen today. I'd like to believe I'm not the only one.

Happy TMI!

Ashly Star said...

I have no idea which is false but it'd be interesting to find out. =) Great answers!

Your new imaginary boyfriend is smoking hot, DAMN.

Happy TMI!

Ashly Star said...

I have no idea which is false but it'd be interesting to find out. =) Great answers!

Your new imaginary boyfriend is smoking hot, DAMN.

Happy TMI!

Project Christopher said...

I don't think that #4 is false... but I wouldn't go spreadin it around....

PERV! :)

philip said...

You weren't in While You Were Sleeping.
That's my guess.

Polt said...

Hmm, I'm going with the allergy thing, cause I don't think that would cause it, and the others all involve sex, and we know what a freak you are.

And I mean freak in only the best way possible. :)

HUGS...

Anonymous said...

Damn -- those all sound totally plausible. I'm torn between 1 and 4...both of which sound totally plausible, but I'm going to say #4.

Only because I think you'd keep them in a Ziploc bag in your dresser drawer instead of your closet...

Gynocrat said...

I'm going to go with:

None of the above. It's all true.

Anonymous said...

can you be allergic to aspirin? I believe the others. OR were you the little kid who slipped on the ice delivering papers in "While You Were Sleeping"? We always watch that scene a few times.

whimsical brainpan said...

"If you've never had a meal that is an event, you've never lived in the South."

AMEN!


LOL @ the sweaty underwear! I wouldn't put it past you. :-)

Unknown said...

I'm gonna guess number three! Sorry dear Stephen you cannot develope such an allergy that way.

Great try! Happy April 1st!

Anonymous said...

None of those are false. Jinx kisses to die for as I'm sure you know. And I can say all of this because I'M ON SO MUCH PREDNISONE THAT I CAN'T SLEEP OR EVEN USE COMMAS.

Alanda said...

I'm with Phillip. While You Were Sleeping is bogus.

Anonymous said...

whoops....i read that wrong.

that makes this even harder.

nope, i'm sticking with the baby aspirin. you didn't do that! mama wouldn't be havin' it!

Rick Rockhill said...

I'm praying its the ass-pirin story that's false. At least I hope so, I love the glamour and gossipy-nature of the others!