Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree..."

I can report that the Christmas tree that I wrote about on January 26th...

...the one that I mentioned on November 9th that was already up and lit on November 6th...

...IS STILL IN THE FUCKING WINDOW ON CORNELIA, FULLY DECORATED AND LIT UP LIKE A...

Well, lit up like a FUCKING CHRISTMAS TREE!!!

Seriously folks, this has to end. I can understand keeping Christmas lights up OUTSIDE of your house because it's too cold to take them down (as long as you don't turn them on), but this is just plain strange. 

Do you think someone is dead inside that apartment and the tree lights are on a timer or something? Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK?!?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call the cops or the EPA or PETA. Just send someone. The JW's might even go.

David said...

I think a nice letter of WTF should be posted on their door.

Having grown up Hoffman Estates, one is never surprised by scenes like this one.

Come here to LA, weird shit happens here.

Polt said...

A friend once told me a large enough hammer, high caliber firearm, or Molotov cocktail can solve nearly any problem.

Just sayin....

HUGS...

Anonymous said...

Better alarm the police, since the neighbours don't have contact with this person.

Point Test Prep said...

It could be that someone got sick, is missing or is in the war and they are waiting for them to come home.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's a sex scenario gone horribly wrong, like in Gerald's Game.

Maybe someone got seriously hobbled like in Misery.

Or maybe, just maybe, a big red Caddie is hiding in the garage, frustrated that it doesn't have opposable thumbs.

It's probably that someone is at the bottom of the stairs, broken legs, crying out for someone to notice that those GODDAMN LIGHTS are still on and if i have to look at them one more day, I'm going to gnaw my broken legs off.

Or something.

Java said...

Something, anything, everything is wrong with this scenario. Christmas trees should not be up long enough to get dusty. How the hell does one dust a Christmas tree?? No, it's just wrong.

Thanks for the update. I have been wondering about that tree.

Project Christopher said...

and you didn't give me a shout out that you called me on the spot from looking at the tree and I offered to come christmas caroling with you!

See if I give you a hippo birdy 2 ewe anymore!

HARUMPH!

still, let's go caroling tonight!

yellowdoggranny said...

I'd be peeping in the windows to see if there were dead bodies laying around.

Anonymous said...

This is hands down my number one pet peeve. (Christmas tree light in Feb, not dead bodies). I have been throwing a fit because someone on my street turned their wreath into a heart shape for valentines. NOT OK.