Friday, February 06, 2009

"Don't Touch the Watch"

As Ron White says...

“I believe if life gives you lemons make lemonade…then find someone that life gave vodka to and have a party.”

So, when life handed uber-hot Christian Bale a lemon that walked into his field of vision while he was filming a scene for the next Terminator movie, he made lemonade by verbally ripping that thoughtless lemon a new asshole...

...and I'm with Whoopi on this one: We don't know how long he'd been working or what had happened on the set prior to his conniption fit...

...Besides, it could have been worse. Remember
Lily Tomlin and her director on the set of I (Heart) Huckabees...

...But just like adding vodka to lemonade, great things come from Bale's rant when combined with...

A dance mix (Thanks to Chris at Slap & Tickle for introducing me to this mix)...





Or combined with Bill O'Reilly's rant...





But really great things come when Stephen Colbert doesn't play Bale losing it, he simply does his own parody of it. This, I think, is my favorite one of all...



So, everybody give Bale a break. I spew more rage and shout "Fuck!" more than Bale while I stand waiting for the bus in the freezing cold.

I should record it sometime. When my testicles freeze themselves to my inner thigh, my anger is HILARIOUS! Good times...

10 comments:

Mark in DE said...

Who would have ever thought that the "Technological Revolution" would actually produce an environment where everything we say gets recorded and used against us?

Makes me think twice about the lyrics to Helen Reddy's "Angie Baby": "Its so nice to be insane, no one asks you to explain..."

I'm just going to claim insanity if that happens to me!

Anonymous said...

My Bale Love weathered this snafu that happened LAST YEAR IN JULY, but you know Christian apologized this morning on public radio, yes?

http://kroq-data.com/wah/wah/audio/?a=1129

*hearts him*

TD said...

Having a career on the indie side of the movie-making biz, I can definitely understand losing my temper under very stressful circumstances. But we should remember a couple things before we give Bale a pass:

1) The DP was doing his job. As I understand it, he wasn't in the shot. He just happened to pass within Bale's sight-line, totally off-camera.

2) If an actor is doing *his* job and inhabiting the character, fully engaged in the scene, it shouldn't matter who is in the background line-of-sight.

So yes, Bale's tantrum may have been caused by extreme stress and other factors, but how he treated the director and DP in that instance was muy unprofessional.

Apparently he apologized publicly, however, so... moving on. :)

yellowdoggranny said...

someone that remains anonoymous said the guy was always putzing with lighs and had a reputation for getting in actors way and wasn't surprised that someone finally went off on him..
the video is hysterical..

My friends call me Mitzi said...

Well if ya need someone to breathe hot air on your hoo-hoos to defrost them from your leg, ya know where to find me, sugarpants!

Anonymous said...

He's the GODDAMN BATMAN~!

:)

Java said...

Stephen Colbert is my second-favorite Stephen. ;)

cb said...

I wish iTunes would pick up the Bale remix... I could dance to that for hours!

Unknown said...

Oh, I loves me some Stephen Colbert!!! And God only knows what crazy things I have said (that I wish I hadn't) for no apparent reason whatsoever! Well, after a few beers, maybe...

EMikeGarcia said...

I love how the title of your post is a line from American Psycho... My favorite being "Well, he was probably a closet homosexual who did a lot of cocaine. That whole Yale thing."