Monday, February 09, 2009

"Let's Put a Smile on That Face!"

I just saw this "Dark Knight Joker Combination Ski Mask and Winter Beanie" at i09 and although it is an item that is EXTREMELY odd in a severely fucked up way, I'm not overly disturbed or offended by it.

Actually, I think that if you wear one of these, you can be sure that no one will sit beside you on the bus or train. That, in and of itself, is reason enough to purchase it.

No, I'm disturbed because, when I added this item to my Wish List on Amazon.com, the item below popped up as a "Customers Who Bought This Ski Mask Also Bought" suggestion...




The Leatherman 830850 Skeletool CX Multitool.

And yes, that IS some sort of blade sticking out between the handle for the pliers.

Which, I guess, means that Amazon.com would like to encourage crazies (like me) who purchase insane, clown-faced ski masks to also use Amazon when purchasing the tools they will use on their burglary and/or killing sprees.

Amazon.com: The One-Stop Online Shop for Psychopaths Worldwide!

7 comments:

Mark in DE said...

Now that's scary. Not the ski mask, but the referral from the ski mask to the tool.

Kevin said...

Note to self: Don't go anywhere with Stephen that would require him to don that ski mask (i.e. Chicago in winter) ... as the Multitool can't be far behind.

One wonders if it managed to make it to your "wishlist."

Prospero said...

Can I just tell you how much I love your blog? I'm actually jealous, as mine is merely rantings about movies and theatre (among other things). Yours make mine seem amateur, at best. I suppose i must admit that I aspire to to be you..

McCool said...

you DO know that now you're on the Homeland Security watchlist because of this right? LOL

If I were you...I'd be sending Amazon.com a BIG email regarding this so they can look into those that actually DID buy the tool with the mask.....cause I'm sure if you buy both...they then offer you a nuclear missile or maybe a 5lb box of lavender scented anthrax as a GOLD BOX Special.

Bea said...

I own that leatherman. I'm not kidding. I dated a techie in college and sort of ganked it when we split. I use it to asemble ikea furniture mostly!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I'd be lost without my Leatherman. It's an entire toolbox in one small package.

Leather man. Package. Damn...now I'm distracted...

Project Christopher said...

Oh goodie! time to go shopping!