Sunday, February 01, 2009

"Marshall, Will, and Holly, on a Routine Expedition..."



Tonight, I'm doing what all decent, respectable gay men should be doing during the Super Bowl...

Laundry.

Cleaning the unmentionables that cover up my "What's Gone Sour."

So, I was standing in the laundry mat around the corner, waiting for "Rinse" to turn into "Spin," and that is the only reason that I caught this commercial/trailer for Will Ferrell's upcoming movie version of the 70's kids show...




I loved The Land of the Lost when I was a kid. I can still sing the entire theme song to this day, and my fear of Sleestaks will not allow me to walk into an unlit room to this day.

And I'm SO glad that the movie brings the characters to the Land of the Lost via a raft ride on the rapids. The updated, 1991 Land of the Lost tv series had their characters reach the Land of the Lost in a friggin' Jeep Cherokee. And I'm sorry, but that is simply NOT POSSIBLE!

Also, don't give me any flak about not being glued to the tv for the Super Bowl. If I'm going to watch a group of guys wearing skin-tight lyrca and jockstraps, I don't want 'em playing football, okay?

3 comments:

Michael said...

I freakin' LOVED Land of the Lost. I crushed on Wesley a bit...

Steve said...

Stephen--is that you in the football uniform? I could swear it is . . .

Steve said...

Stephen--is that you in the football uniform? I could swear it is . . .