Wednesday, February 18, 2009

TMI Tuesday (on Wednesday)

1. What is your favorite charity? Do you you give your time or just money to that charity?

I am blessed to work for (and basically run) my favorite charity - - Season of Concern. As I write on all of our correspondence...

"Season of Concern is the Chicagoland theatre community’s fundraising effort in providing compassionate care to those in our community who are experiencing the effects of catastrophic illness. This effort supports the fight against AIDS, contributing to programs that provide direct-care support (funded programs provide personal financial support, housing care, meals, medications, legal assistance and a variety of other services for people living with HIV and AIDS) to members of the theatre community and others in Chicago and the Midwest; and emergency needs expressed by theatre community members in their struggles against other life-threatening illnesses.

"Since 1988, funds have been raised through generous gifts from theatre artists, staffs, boards and audiences. Funds supported include The Actors Fund and The Biscotto-Miller Fund."

I give my time, money, blood, sweat and tears to SOC. Happily. Because I see the tremendous ways in which we change peoples' lives for the better.


2. Describe your bed. What side do you sleep on?
My bed is a very low-to-the-ground IKEA purchase and I sleep on whichever side I damn well choose since ain't nobody else sleepin' with me.

Can I get an Amen?!?


3. How important is a partners kissing ability?
On a scale of 1 to 10 - - 11.


4. Have you ever "taken advantage" of a person under the influence of alcohol? Have you ever been "taken advantage" of while under the influence of alcohol?

After spending the ages of 12 to 16 living with just my "Drink a 1/5th of Scotch per Hour" father, I rarely take advantage of someone who's under the influence of alcohol. I usually tell them to take their nasty, sloppy-assed selves home.

I did my time taking care of a drunk man. I don't intend to do it anymore.

Have I ever been taken advantage of? Nope.

Philip read Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus to me one day after I went a little too far with the margaritas and was falling asleep in Caribou Coffee, but that's about it.


5. Ever tried to replay the famous scene from From Here to Eternity? How was it?

Nope, but I have tried to replay the famous scene in The Da Vinci Load 2: Electric Twinkaloo, does that count?

How was it? Meh...


Bonus (as in optional): What kind of birth control do you use?

The kind where I don't have sex with or in vaginas.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

9 comments:

Mike said...

You know what else works as birth control?

Trying to replay the famous scene from From Here to Eternity.

Getting sand "down there" means nobody's going to get off.

Sometimess friction is good. But not when it's like freakin' sandpaper.

Ouch.

cb said...

Too bad my kisses rank as 12's...

yellowdoggranny said...

great charity..

and i cracked up on the last 2 sentences

Prospero said...

Good Lord, man! How much more do we have in common? I am a founding Board Member and one of two people who basically run the James Tolin Memorial Fund, a group that produces theatricals to raise money for support and services for NJ residents with HIV and for Arts Education projects. www.jtmf.org

Java said...

That's a 100% effective birth control method.

Just Kevin... said...

OK, I'm home alone, wide awake and laughing out loud in bed at midnight on a school night at your answers. And when I read the comments, all my possible clever comments have already been taken. I need sleep or a life, not sure which. Thanks for the giggles and guffaws! And by the way, I think I know someone who WOULD get off with sand "down there"

Anonymous said...

Your response to number 1 makes you even sexier than you already are.

Unknown said...

Stephen, I think you are just wonderful. And yes, you get an Amen!! I sleep alone too, and love every minute of it. No snores, farts, grunts, blanket grabbing, or otherwise obnoxious behavior except my own, and I don't care.

Kevin said...

Do you have a Malm? I do. And a tempurpedic mattress. Delish!