Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"I Want to Be Beautiful Like Faye Dunaway!"


With our nation's economy sinking deeper and deeper into The Great Depression 2: Electric Boogaloo...

...and with Congress fiddling about Obama's stimulus package while the money in our wallets burns away...

...we all need an escape. We need some fun.

We need rock and roll. We need the glamour of "Old Hollywood." We need The Joans!

Tomorrow night. The Bottom Lounge - - no, it was NOT named after me... I'm just their mascot - - with doors opening at 8pm. $10 in advance, $13 at the door.

Maybe, if we're lucky, one of The Joans will give us their take on the hub-bub happening between Faye Dunaway and Hilary Duff these days. Inquiring minds want to know.

And speaking of Faye Dunaway, Joans - - Hit it!




3 comments:

Bunny said...

I'm just their mascot

LOL

Kevin said...

So this made me laugh because yesterday at work, we were discussing Electric Boogaloo and how it's the perfect sequel title to ANY movie.

Aaron said...

I'd LOVE to have you as our mascot! You'd look so cute strapped to the bed, like Christopher. ;-)

I'm trying to talk David or Jennifer into saying a word or two about the Faye/Hillary thing. We only get 1/2 hour onstage, so we may have to cut the usual banter down. But I'll keep trying!

We also heard from WXRT that they were interested in playing our stuff on "Local Anesthetic." Gary sent them a demo, so we'll see if we get played!