Sunday, September 16, 2007

Chicago AIDS Walk 2007

Yesterday's Chicago AIDS Walk & Run was a tremendous success!

The weather was beautiful, the walk path along the lake front was beautiful and if I may be so bold, the Season of Concern walkers and runners were the most beautiful, well dressed fundraisers in attendance!

And as of this evening, just the online donations for our team come to $9,135! All of the cash and checks people brought to the event will be counted this week. And people can still donate to our team until this Friday, so our fundraising total is STILL GROWING!! WOOHOO!

Here are a few of the highlights...


Here they are - - the members of the Chicago cast of WICKED! I am so grateful that they joined Season of Concern's Team for the AIDS Walk.

Last year, the Chicago cast of WICKED donated $37,000 to Season of Concern from two of the audience fund drives and the donations they raised for the AIDS Walk were outstanding.

Thank you, WICKED!! And most especially, thank you to Don Richard in the black t-shirt on the far right for organizing both the fund drives and the cast's participation in the walk. You're the best!

****


Some of the SOC boys - - (L to R) John Burton (in all black in the back), the fabulous Rus Rainear, one of my best friends in the world, Aaron Hunt and the brilliant Doug Orlyk

****


Isn't Chicago beautiful along the lake front?

Here's Rus (far left) and Doug (far right) joined by The Best Dressed Man in the AIDS Run & Walk 2007 - - the amazing Philip Dawkins!

I hope to one day earn hire Philip as my personal stylist. The boy has it goin' ON!

****


One of the many signs held by some of the walkers: "Housing = Health"

****


Again, I live in a beautiful city.

****


WICKED en route!

****



The cutest couple at the event - - PERIOD! Ben Thiem from The League of Chicago Theatres with his lovely wife.

****


I have no idea who this girl is, but when someone that cute carries that umbrella, I can't NOT take a picture.

When I asked if I could take her picture, I said, "You're the prettiest person here," and THAT is the grin that beamed from her face. Cute, cute, CUTE!

****


Speaking of cute, John arranged for some of his DePaul students to join Season of Concern's Team. Here are (L to R) Megan Ashley, Nathaniel Ament-Stone and Annaleah Garing.

Ah... I remember 18... sort of...

****



And this is the clock at the finish line. Will somebody please tell me what the Hell that stands for! Is this the time? How long we took to do the Walk? How long Elaine Stritch has to live? WHAT?!?


Thanks to all who walked and ran and donated to Season of Concern's AIDS Walk Team. I greatly appreciate your tremendous generosity.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Stephen R. said...

Shirley Heezgay - Thank you so much!! It was a great day and a great event!

Rick Rockhill said...

Congrats Stephen, I am so proud of you! How lucky are you. you are right about how beautiful Chicago is. I do miss it every so often. Now where can I get me one of them there umbrellas...

Stephen R. said...

Rick - If those umbrellas were sold ANYWHERE at the Walk, I would now own four of them! Aren't they fabulous?!?!?