Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Now You're Here, And Now I Know Just Where I'm Going..."

I can't decide what song to sing today?

1) Just In Time, which I think perfectly describes President Obama's greatest gift - - the ability to inspire us, to give us hope, to give us purpose, so that WE, not just HE, can begin to mend our broken country... or...

2) Ding! Dong! The Witch Is Dead, which is the obvious choice for Bush, Cheney and all the evils that they heaped upon this country over the past 8 years.

So, in keeping with our our new President's message of hope and change, I'm going to force my cup to be half full (I know... shock!!!). Just In Time is my song for today.

Not just any version of Just In Time, though. We need a Judy Garland version of Just In Time - - the perfect remedy for those Saddleback Church invocations.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...Mister! Isn't there a Favorite Caption Contest standing open out there someplace?

Or am I just a Dummy?

Stephen R. said...

Yes, there is. Yes, I'm a slacker. How can I make it up to you?

Anything I can do for you? Anything at all? Hmmmm...? :)

Aaron said...

All good things come down to Judy!

And at least Rev. Warren kept it short.

(The invocation speech wasn't long, either...)