Sunday, January 27, 2008

"Stop Digginng Through the Dirt, Weasels."

What's better than a man who is funny? A funny man who speaks out for what is right.

This is how Joel McHale on E's The Soup ended this week's episode...

"And one last thing. Heath Leger passed away this week, and in all the years we've been doing this show, we've never had cause to mention him.

"So, stop digging through the dirt, weasels. A talented, decent guy is gone, and our thoughts go to those who knew him."


Perfect and poignant. Thank you, Mr. McHale. I don't think any of us could have said it any better.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly thought I was the only person who thought that was such an intelligent statement, and also one that needed to be said. I had to google this so I could find the exact words, and that's how I came across your blog. If you want to email me to further discuss this, my email is runyourcourse2@yahoo.com.

-Andrea

the joy said...

Amen!

Thomas MacEntee said...

Preach on brother! Preach on! I'm with ya!

Michael said...

Good Lord, I love that man even more now.

Stephen R. said...

andrea - Isn't this the most perfect statement for what is being done after Heath Ledger's death. Leave it to the Jester to be the one to tell the whole Court they're fools. Thanks for the comment.

joy & thomas - Yes! Preach, Joel! PREACH!

michael - Cute, funny and moral. I would drink his bath water!

Mark in DE said...

I like Joel McHale.

Somehow the 'scruffy look' transforms him from dorky to hottie.

Mark :-)