Friday, January 18, 2008

"Get Carried Away." No, Seriously. That's the Tag.

I just saw this and had to pass it on.

It's the official (whatever the Hell that means) poster for the upcoming SEX AND THE CITY movie.

As even the blind among you can easily see, the title is written out in blazing pink light bulb-like bling.

Pink. Light bulb-like. Bling.

It's like Bob Fosse schtupped Truman Capote on top of Stockard Channing's PINK LADIES jacket in the basement of Studio 54 and somewhere in the middle of it all, Liza did a line off of Truman's ass and had a vision of this.

And I friggin' LOVE IT!

On a shelf in my home, dvd copies of THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS and MOMMIE DEAREST are swiftly realizing that they will not be the gayest movies in the world for very much longer.

And y'all, the tag. "Get Carried Away."

I look at that tag and all I can hear is Maya Rudolph dressed as Charlotte in that SEX AND THE CITY SNL skit saying, "Yay, puns!" Anybody with me?

11 comments:

Dennis Wayne Morgan Photography said...

I have never watched SEX and the CITY.I have heard it's good.I wonder if I should start watching to catch up before the Movie hits.

Mark in DE said...

Oh, I am SO with you! I think "Get Carried Away" is brilliant, and I can hardly wait to see the movie.

Mark :-)
a big S&TC fan

Anonymous said...

"It's like Bob Fosse schtupped Truman Capote on top of Stockard Channing's PINK LADIES jacket in the basement of Studio 54 and somewhere in the middle of it all, Liza did a line off of Truman's ass and had a vision of this." You are a master of the English language.

Mike said...

"Yay, puns!" indeed.

"Well, as long as we're on the topic of big announcements, I have something to tell you all! I'm a dude!...A drag queen, a shanghai surprise, a plum smuggler."

Christina Aguilera is a comic genius.

I've actually rarely felt gayer -- and prouder -- than when I saw the first preview for this movie and giggled at the "Get Carried Away" line. Isn't it weird how we can be nostalgic for earlier this decade?

Aaron said...

"Get Carried Away"

I'll be Kim Cattrall is just thrilled. (Of course, considering that she probably held her nose to get through this thing anyway...) :-)

Mike said...

Actually, according to Star Magazine... and why shouldn't you believe them? it was the rest of the cast who had to hold their nose at Kim Cattrell's behavoir on the set. And they got hazard pay for doing so in the form of a "diva bonus."

source

Gregory said...

Am I the only one who thinks her sihouette looks like our Great Cunt-tree on a map?

Java said...

Damn, boy! I miss a couple of days and you go post crazy!
I absolutely adore your description of the graphic design, all that schtupping and dancing with glitz.
I doubt I'll see the movie, though. It just looks too pink to me. After a few years and it becomes a gay classic I'll watch it just for the cultural references.
Speaking of which, I just received the DVD of Auntie Mame I ordered from Amazon. I'm looking forward to it.

Aaron said...

Mike: Do tell...?! ;-)

Rick Rockhill said...

I am (cue music) "...happy and peppy and jumping with joy..."

and
doing the happy dance. Can't WAIT for this flick

Anonymous said...

um....I have to say I'm a bit disappointed that they chose May 30. After all, think of all those that will pass on IML, The Grabby Awards and Bear Pride this year because they're saving up for and planning their CARRIED AWAY parties.

*sigh*

Just when IML returns to the ultimate cruising hotel lobby...Carrie tosses her big schnoz in the way!

*grin*
e