Tuesday, December 02, 2008

"A Campy Delight"

Last night's Chicago AIDS Quilt Songbook was a wonderful success. Eric Reda put together an amazing evening of music, which received a very nice review in today's Chicago Tribune.

Y'all, the classical music critic of the Trib said this about me...

"Songs of humor and hope kept the mood from turning too dour. Stephen Rader made a campy delight of George Howe's cabaret number 'You're So Gay.'"

Now, imagine I'm saying this next sentence as Snagglepuss...

"I'm a hit! A classical music hit, even!"

Thanks to Larry Baker and the cast of Jersey Boys here in Chicago for handing me a $10,000 check for Season of Concern last night. Also, thanks to Philip and all the artists who gave so much of their time to make the evening a success. And much thanks to Karen for being there when I needed her. You, my dear, are truly a goddess. I couldn't have done it without you.

5 comments:

ayeM8y said...

Heavens to mergatroid even, exit stage right!

Joie Mayfield said...

I'm so glad your event went well. :) I was thinking about you all day! :)

Snagglepuss...nice.

Java said...

HA! you're a campy delight! Congratulations. Sounds like a smashing success. :)

Project Christopher said...

You'd like to think you have to change your affect to be snagglepuss.... but you'd be wrong... :)

CONGRATS on the great review! He's just saying what we already know!

I'm just waiting to hand you a $10,000 check for SOC too....

Mike said...

Congratulations on your successful event and your review.

Sorry we couldn't make it but even with the kind gifts I received, I still totally overspent at my convention this weekend.

But I'm so glad it went well. Thank you for everything you do.