Thursday, December 18, 2008

"I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"

A few days ago, my friend Scot sent me to a web site that plays this song and I am in love with it.

Apparently, the Jonas Brothers have covered this song, which is a travesty.

Just like their cover of Poor, Unfortunate Souls.

The original is always the best. As we say in the South...

"Dance with the one
 that brung you!"


With a name like Gayla, it has to be good.





Thanks for the song, Scot! I will see you on Christmas Eve at Kristie's party, right? I hope so!

5 comments:

Java said...

I discovered this song a couple of years ago thanks to the interweb. I've loved it ever since.

Joie Mayfield said...

My roommate used to play this song all the time during Christmas. THanks for helping me remember great memories! :)

Aaron said...

When I was in CGMC, we sang this for our "Cool Yule" concert eight years ago. It's still one of my fonder memories!

Kevin said...

Check the cutie in this one though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKLZxv6wA78

I want his hippo-bottom-us for Xmas!

dirk.mancuso said...

This song-- like Brenda's Lee version of "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" -- are classics that cannot be improved upon.

The Jonas Brothers? Puh-LEASE.