Friday, December 12, 2008

"Mix Margaritas When the Egg Nog's Gone"

In an effort to get into the spirit of the season (whatever the Hell THAT means...), I thought it might be a good idea to pass on a few of my favorite holidays videos.

I posted this one a couple of years ago, but it bears repeating. My father plays this song every year on Christmas Eve. And when I say that he plays it, I mean that he makes everyone in the room sit down, shut up and listen to the lyrics. As he sings along. While continuing to down his scotch on the rocks. And attempting (yet, not always succeeding) to stay in pitch.

Sounds cringe-worthy, but I actually look forward to it. Here's a little piece of Redneck Heaven - - Merry Christmas from the Family...



P.S. Also on Christmas Eve, my father makes us all watch Chevy Chase in Christmas Vacation. We all sit and wait for our favorite line - - Cousin Eddie saying, "Shitter was full!

It's a holiday classic.

5 comments:

Java said...

There are very few modern Christmas songs I like. But I love this one. It's so real!

I don't watch Christmas Vacation, though. I have my standards. ;-)

Joie Mayfield said...

LOL. I love Christmas Vacation!! "Shitter was full." "Did you hear that, honey, shitter's full. Did you happen to check out shitters?"

Love it. :)

Anonymous said...

That video brought back so many memories of Xmas past.

Mark in DE said...

Aw, its so heartwarming when friends share their family holiday traditions.

Raechelle said...

One of my favorite Christmas songs ever! I like Jill Sobule's version better. She's not quite as whiney.

Also, the Pogues "Fairytale of New York".

"Happy Christmas your arse
I pray God it's our last."

Merry Ho Ho!