Friday, September 05, 2008

"I'm Changing"

My friend Mike from Logopolis is the man who brought me into the 21st Century.

Not only was his blog the blog that inspired me to start Are You There, Blog?...

...So, if you don't like this blog, you can blame him...

...Oh, and if you don't like this blog, you can blow me...

...but he also is the man who came to my apartment, set up my dsl and installed Firefox on my old laptop.



And now, like a child whose first steps are being taken on a college campus, I am leaving Firefox.

Because the fucking Firefox browser is incompatible with Flash Player about 50 to 75% of the time and I end up having to reboot and hope that I can watch a YouTube video after the reload.

Where did I go after I left Firefox? Google Chrome. And that, even in it's beta version, has made all the difference.


P.S. So, I just learned by putting together this post that I can't resize embedded pictures in Blogger's Edit Mode in Google Chrome, so obviously, they have some "issues" to tend to.

But I can still view friggn' video clips without restarting my computer every 5 fucking minutes.

You get a little, you give a little...

2 comments:

Name: Geeba Monkey said...

Hey Stephen, my friend Gorda found your post on Star Jones and sent it. I love your blog. Gorda and his partner know me and mine from Chicago, and we all visit there frequently. ANYHOW, I have the same Firefox/Chrome issues, so I'm using both till they get the bugs out. Visit Portland! Visit my blog and ask if it's there. : )

F6's Editor said...

Thank you for the heads up hon.... much appreciated as often I have the same issues and just figured it was my computation machine acting up.

Yeah! Now I dont have to take my hard drives out and shoot them.