Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Glamorous. Ooh, the Flossy, Flossy"

This just in from the Chicago Tribune web site. This is the redneck opposite of Gossip Girl...


"A Crown Point, Ind., high school student who told police she was in a rush to make class on time was arrested for drunken driving Wednesday morning after police clocked her car at 118 m.p.h. near Merrillville, authorities said.

"The 17-year-old girl was driving her 2000 Toyota Celica south on Interstate Highway 65 near Hobart about 6:30 a.m. when her car zoomed past a marked Indiana State Police squad car.

"She was stopped after weaving in and out of traffic, and told officers she had just dropped off a friend and was trying to make it home before heading to school. Inside her car were three boys, a 16-year-old and two 17-year-olds, who all attend school with her in Crown Point.

"The officer detected the odor of alcohol in the car, and in a breath test the girl registered higher than 0.08 blood-alcohol content level, police said. She was arrested on operating while intoxicated and ticketed for reckless driving, unsafe lane movement, speeding and not having a driver's license in her possession.

"The three boys in the car were ticketed for underage drinking and released to their parents."

So she's 17-years old and is stopped by police at 6:30 a.m. with a one 16-year old boy and two 17-year old boys in the car with her. And they've been drinking. And doing God knows what. All night.

And she's trying to get home so that she can change clothes before school so that no one will have "Walk of Shame: High School Edition" PROOF that she's a tramp.

And she gets busted for drunk driving.

Now, I don't condone driving while intoxicated. Not at all.

But staying out all night with three teenage boys?

'Atta girl.


P.S. Who knew a Toyota Celica could DO 118 m.p.h.? Wonder what kind of mileage they get...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I got my first speeding ticket on my way to school because I was late. I wasn't drunk or doing 118 mph. But I was going to be late for my french test. I thought it was kind of funny.

Aaron said...

I DID know that a Toyota Celica could do at least 90. I won't tell you exactly how I know this, but the words "Aaron the designated driver," "Sonja was drunk," "it was her car," and "I-64 between Morehead and Huntington" do figure in...

kansastock said...

I guess they don't check IDs at the liquor stores OR the meth dens in Indiana.