Monday, September 22, 2008

"Apache! Jump On It, Jump On It, Jump On It!"

I'm leaving to join the touring cast of Mamma Mia at 3160 for the sound check for tonight's Season of Concern benefit.

I wish I had a little time to post some of the pictures I took on last week's vacation with my mom and my brother, but since I don't, how about a little video teaser?

This is my mother and my brother in their version of a dance I had never heard of till Jeff introduced it to me and my mom last week - - Apache (Jump On It) by the Sugarhill Gang.

Apparently, this is the new Chicken Dance at weddings these days. God help us...



I love my mother's change of choreography the third time around. She doesn't do the turn and instead twirls both arms inward. When I mentioned that I liked her little change, she said...

"Oh Hell, I was tired."

As always, less is more. Unless you're Cher.

7 comments:

Aaron said...

It looks even cuter on a big screen than it did on your phone thingie...

Polt said...

ohmiGOD I LOVE you mother!!! And you're brother a cutie too. :)

HUGS...

the joy said...

Your bro lives in atl right? We do it at braves games too, lol. Your mom is hilarity in lady form, lol.

Stephen R. said...

aaron - Thanks! I love it!!

polt - Yep, they're both cuties. And my brother is single, fyi. :)

the joy - Yep, he lives in atl, and that description of my mom is perfect. "Hilarity in lady form." That's IT!

Mark in DE said...

I heart your mom for doing that, and saying that!

Mark :-)

Alanda said...

adorable!

Java said...

It's classic. My favorite part, though, is your giggling. :)