Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Dolly for President.

Dolly Parton was on The Ellen Degeneres Show yesterday...

...Thanks to all those who emailed me to let me know that Dolly was going to be Ellen's guest. Unfortunately, my TiVo once again chose to record the wrong channel. I'm not speaking to it until it apologizes and buys me a nice dinner...

...and Ellen asked...

Ellen Degeneres: "Your fans have actually said they think you should run for Office some day, that you should run for President. That's how much your fans believe in you. Is that something that you would even be interested in, to run for Office?"

Dolly Parton: "Don't you think we've had enough boobs in the White House?"

'Atta girl! That's why I love me some Dolly!


P.S. If you want to hear some bootleg recordings from the L.A. Premiere of Dolly's musical version of 9 to 5, check out this YouTube channel. Especially the song The One I Love, a beautiful new Dolly Parton ballad.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

We NEED someone like Dolly to be President!! Somebody compassionate who understands poverty, hard work, and can enjoy the fruits of their success without making others feel like shit.

John McCain would have better luck if he'd ditch The Spectacles and bring Dolly on instead...

Anonymous said...

She makes a few good points, one of them being there have been too many boobs in the white house.