Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"Lip Gloss" & "I Like Mike"

Last night's First Annual Larry Sloan Awards Ceremony was a tremendous success. Pictures from last night and from my mother's birthday party will be posted soon - - I swear!!! - - but in the meantime, I had to share this.

My brother Jeff is also gay but our similarities end there. In most everything else, we are opposites. Inverse images. For all of my musical theatre and cabaret songs that listen to...

...and why, oh why, do music stores put "cabaret" music into "easy listening?" Have you ever listened to some of these battle-axe cabaret warblers? Trust me - - it ain't EASY listening!!!"...

...my brother has his hand on the pulse of popular music. And, as the kids say today, he "schools me."

He just called to tell me to go to iTunes and download this song - - LIP GLOSS by Lil Mama. I did and I LOVE IT!!!!

Check it out...



I think from now on when I enter a room, I'm going to assume that EVERYONE has been talking about me behind my back - - whether they are or not - - which is why I will burst into the room shouting, "What you KNOW 'bout ME?!?!? What you, what you KNOW 'bout ME?!?!"

VERY Jerry Springer.

And while we're on the subject of new music - - well, music new to ME anyway - - Alex posted this song on her blog last week and I cannot stop singing it. It's catchy and fun and sexy and oh, so gay! And I love it!

Jay Spears, if you ever read this and you're single, CALL ME!!! You're HOT!

I freely admit: "I like Mike. What's not to like?"

4 comments:

TP said...

I Like Mike is very cool. It's what plays when my cell phone rings. So much fun!

Stephen R. said...

TP - I LIKE MIKE is WAY cool!! I need to download that ringtone to my phone, too!!!

Anonymous said...

I have Jay Spears cd, "Boy Howdy." He is pretty clever. Not the greatest voice, but some nice poignant surprises in a few of his tunes. His website is great fun, and he's great about answering emails. He is 50-ish and single, last I heard.

And, yes, hot.

Stephen R. said...

Doug - I am DEFINITELY going to buy BOY HOWDY! I love I LIKE MIKE! Keep singing it all the time! :)