Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bob's Belated Birthday

I neglected to look at my World Almanac Desk Calendar yesterday - - don't judge me, I live alone - - so, before it's too late, I have to post a belated birthday remembrance.

Ninety-two years ago yesterday - - October 24, 1915 - - Bob Kane was born.

The Bob Kane who, along with his partner Bill Finger, created Batman.

Or as I prefer to call him, "The Batman."

This Wikipedia article has some interesting facts about the creation of the Dark Knight, Robin the Boy Wonder, and their arch-nemesis, The Joker, but it's this little tidbit from my little desk calendar that sent boggled my mind...

Bob Kane created The Batman when he was 24 years old.

At 24, I could barely tell my left from my right without humming The National Anthem.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Kane. And thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool. Your "left arm/right arm" thing made me fall out of my chair!

I love the wiki for this kind of thing. Hey, know what? Someone could create a wiki page for you too, since you're going to tell us even more about yourself...

YOU'RE TAGGED!

http://shirleyheezgay.blogspot.com/2007/10/i-been-tagged-you-gon-be-next.html

Stephen R. said...

Shirley - Oh, I'll answer the meme, alright. Just remember, you asked to hear all my sordid answers!! :)