Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Gimme More Shoes

I knew that Britney Spears' new single, GIMME MORE, reminded me of something.

I mean something besides the obvious, "If you don't go to rehearsal, you'll look like a schmuck with bad hair extensions in performance."

The tune sounded vaguely like it fit with another piece of music, but after listening to every one of my Sondheim original cast recordings, I was stumped.

Until I heard a mashup by Titus Jones which combines Britney's GIMME MORE with my favorite "betch" Kelly's hit song, SHOES.

Naturally, the mash up is entitled GIMME MORE SHOES.

And now, Liam Kyle Sullivan has created this new clip of GIMME MORE SHOES combining Britney's video with Kelly's.

This is the YouTube equivalent of Lucy Ricardo meeting Dick Van Dyke...

...if Lucy had ever shaved her head, flashed her vagina to the press and played Whac-a-Mole on a car with her umbrella...

...and if Dick Van Dyke had hit songs as a drag queen.

Ok, my comparison sucks, but this video is hilarious - - an instant classic.

4 comments:

Aaron said...

"Shoes" is better than anything Britney ever belched out. I don't care what that skinny, runny-nosed misfit on YouTube says.

Stephen R. said...

Aaron - Amen, brother! Truer words were never spoken.

cb said...

Campy song + Mediocre song = Betchslap Awesome!

Stephen R. said...

CB - Amen!!! And a complete "Betchslap" it is!!!

I love me some Kelly!!!