Wednesday, April 01, 2009

"I'm Just a Jazz Baby!"

Now that I've swung to the "mania" side of the bi-polar tilt-a-whirl I call my life, I would like to add that...

1) I like RuPaul! So much so that at the 1993 March on Washington, me and my fellow queer Tennesseans walked the entire route chanting...

"Turn to the left. Now turn to the right. 
Sashay! Shante!"

Granted, we followed Ru's famous phrase with a loud, nasal, "Y'all come out now, y'hear!," transforming our supermodel-selves into Minnie Pearl-wannabes, but before that, we were fierce!

2) As anyone who has listened to me on the Windy City Queercast knows, I not only LOVE effeminate men, I'm actually their leader, the Grand Duchess Anastasia! Miss Jackson, if you're nasty.

3) I love drag. And even though my mentor was a drag queen and even though I've studied drag queens like Eve studying Margo, drag definitely does NOT love me!

What I'm trying to say is...



Anyone can do April Fools. 

But where else can you see April, the Foolish Ugly Drag Queen?

Yep, when you voluntarily post pictures of yourself dressed as Carol Channing, in a beaded "gown" with long underwear where the pantyhose ought to be, the mania has definitely kicked in...

9 comments:

Prospero said...

Remind me to send you a picture of me in drag from "Torch Song Trilogy." Puts your Carol Channing scariness to shame. What's worse, I'll probably be doing it agian next summer for "Hairspray."

Stephen R. said...

Prospero - You're playing Edna next summer?!? A) I'm jealous and B) when do tickets go on sale?!? :)

the hobbit said...

Girl, I hear you. I'm either eyeing the oven with a bit of envy or inciting the masses to sing along. Hope the feel-goods out last the misery.

Anonymous said...

You look so thoroughly modern, Millie!

Aaron said...

You did that on purpose. You TOTALLY did it on purpose. But that's about the best Carol Channing costume I've ever seen. Even with the long underwear...

Java said...

It's the lipstick. Holy muther of gawd, what the hell were you thinking?

I do hope you can do a good Carol Channing voice. That's the only way to say "raspberries!"

yellowdoggranny said...

huh? I always thought Carol Channing WAS a drag queen.

Mark in DE said...

You are one sick puppy! Don't change a hair. :-)

Aaron said...

It's occurred to me that the lipstick took you out of the Carol Channing zone and dropped you square in the Sade zone...