Thursday, April 02, 2009

My New Favorite Caption Contest #43

My buddy Bea left the following comment on one of my posts yesterday...

"I don't really have anything to say about this, but can you PLEASE take away that picture of a lady snuggling a grandma doll on your sidebar? It's giving me the heebs."

Bea: I'm not sure if "the heebs" is a minor case of "the heebie-jeebies" or if that pic is forcing you to convert to Judaism, but either way, I'm on it!

And believe me, this one was a tough call! So many great captions were submitted. Like my friend Karen's submission...

"Chita decided to show Karen exactly 
what the lyrics 'a boy like that wants
 one thing only' mean!"

Or my new blog buddy Yellowdog Granny's caption, which proves that YG would make an EXCELLENT casting director...

"hmm, two fingers..and still tight, ok...she's got the part."

But the one that made me laugh the hardest was very simple and very Sondheim. Yes, once again, the winner of the caption contest is Philip with his submission...


"There's a place for that. A time and place for that."

That makes me giggle in so many ways. The caption and Chita's fist. But I'm not at liberty to discuss last Saturday with Ms. Rivera, so we'll move on...

From West Side Story to a picture that looks like a production still from Springtime for Hitler. Here's the picture for Caption Contest #43...



So not right in so many ways. Give "the little wooden boy" a caption, guys.

Hmmm... I wonder if Bea will get the heebs from this too? Or does all the German cancel that out?

17 comments:

Aaron said...

"Vaste not, vant not..."

Polt said...

This is why most German beers are warm when served.

HUGS...

Steve said...

"That's a little too much head there . . . "

cb said...

In an effort to "go green", the festival started offering recycled beer.

Anatomicsd said...

Herr Wassermann's design for a Michelob Golden beer tap didn't overly impress company officials.

Nick said...

No one had the heart to tell Grandpa that it wasn't a real boy.

Java said...

eeewwww!!

philip said...

-Wiener Shpritzel.

-Once on a hill was a VERY lonely goatherd. . .

-If you think that's disturbing, the lady mannequin dispenses funnel cake.

-Win Beer Stein's Honey

-This, this right here, this exact thing that's happening in this picture, THIS very occurance, THIS . . . is why I stopped wearing leiderhosen.

-Who says the Germans aren't filled with the milk of human kindness?

-In fashion, eisser you ah in, oh you ah owt. Hantz, you ah owt!

-His volk's waggin.

-I'm Kurt, and I'm incorrigible!

-THERE'S my yellow sock!

-His girl friday. His boy Saturday through monday.

-Him'll lay yah.

-When you're finished peeing into this cup, turn your head and cough on the lady.

-What happened when pinnochio told a little white lie

-Guys, i believe in religious tolerance and everything, but these Promise Keeper conventions are just getting wierder and wierder.

-One of the more popular booths at the well attended GermaniCon,2008.

-The dog in the lower right hand corner: "You think that's impressive? I can lick mine."

-The bitch to the left: "So can I."

Angel ABC said...

Last drop goes in your stein!

yellowdoggranny said...

Heidi was struck dumb when she saw what Hans was capable of doing.

yellowdoggranny said...

dang..and i was so close on the other caption..sigh*

Mike Ellis, The Jolly Reprobate said...

It killed Heinrich's back to pretend to be a mannequin all afternoon, but sooner or later somebody always fell for it.

Prospero said...

You know what they say... you never really buy beer. You only rent it.

Rick Rockhill said...

that Chita pic is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Gepetto at first was insulted when the villagers exclaimed that he could never best a puppet whose nose grew when it lied... then he chose to take it as a challenge...

SiamIAm said...

The festival attendees all agreed: The "Budweiser on tap" sign would have been redundant.

Anonymous said...

"Look here, I don't care if it's an actual German, so long as that's good ol' Amurrrican beer landin' in mah glass."