Sunday, April 12, 2009

"I Feel So Much Spring Within Me"

I just got home from another great party hosted by Alanda and Steve.

Their Easter celebration had everything anyone could possibly want - - Easter eggs to color, an Easter egg hunt, wine, tons of chocolate, incredible food, great conversation and even a showing of the seldom seen film, Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.

And yes, after watching Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter, we now know why it is so seldom seen.

I'm feeling optimistic these days. I guess its the change of the season. I'm not all "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows" yet (and probably/hopefully never will be), but inside this Rizzo that I am is a squeaky clean Sandra Dee smiling and singing her way to the surface. 

And you thought I was nothing but a Cha Cha DiGregorio. No, I'm not. I'm only "the best dancer at Saint Bernadette's with the worst reputation" on Friday nights at Charlies. And only on the shadow dances. Those are the ones that really count.

So blame my inner-Sandra Dee if you think I'm being too sappy when I say this: Today is about renewal, resurrection and rebirth...

So, if today was filled with tons of chocolate bunnies....

Or, if you were lucky enough to receive another kind of bunny...

Or if another kind of bunny was lucky enough to receive you, depending on which pocket you stuff your hanky...

If you've been celebrating Easter or Passover, the arrival of the Easter Beagle or the arrival of nothing more than "shorts weather"...

Enjoy this day and tell the people you love that you love them. Yes, this is out of character for me, but when my friends can't pay their rent and some of us come together to help, I can't stop thinking about the power of friendship.

And when a person I care for has just found out that his father has been diagnosed with lung cancer, it reminds me to say I love to you to those I love.

Yes, I typed all of that beside a picture of a hot guy in a bunny outfit. Cause that's how I roll after a lot of wine on Easter. Happy Easter, everyone!

3 comments:

Project Christopher said...

"...and tell people that you love that you love them."

Stephen, I love you! :)

Mostly because you're one of those people who will sit with me and help make up flaws about that perfect bodied twink in the pink bunny costume since karma HAS to balance him for looking that good.

Prospero said...

I received a copy of "Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter" from my Secret Santa at work a few years back. It scared me that someone at work knew me well enough to buy it for me.

cb said...

How on earth do you know the musical "a new brain"???