Sunday, April 05, 2009

"Can You See the Fuckin' Diamond?!?"

In spite of the supremely digesting April weather we're having in Chicago, it feels like my life is actually taking a turn for the better.

The fundraising obstacles that we face at Season of Concern are helping to make us a much more proactive organization. 

Also, I have not one, but two callbacks coming up (one that I found out about yesterday that begins in less than an hour, so I gotta go!). 

And last, but certainly not least, at Derek's birthday celebration at Crew this past Friday night, I was cruised so hard and stared at by so many that I felt like the prettiest alter boy at a Catholic priest convention. 

So much so that, at the end of the evening, I went into the bathroom, just to look in the mirror and say to myself, "Mama... I'm pretty. I'm a pretty girl, Mama." 

So, I can't think of a better way to celebrate this optimistic change than by sharing this new video from Miss Lola Rose. It's her take on Judy Garland's arrangement of "Get Happy," which Miss Lola Rose sings in the shower. While wearing a knockout black, Judy-inspired ensemble and a diamond ring bigger than your head.

I love me some Miss Lola Rose! Enjoy the video, I'm off to my callback.



Check out some of my favorite Miss Lola Rose videos here.

8 comments:

Project Christopher said...

about damn time you turned around! I know it's hard to see, but it i in your control to feel good. (and I know it's the whole pot/kettle thing :) )

either way, I'm SO happy for you! now if it's happy you want, let's go make some LAUGHTER!!!

yellowdoggranny said...

when ever the sky's are gray and cloudy...sit on a happy face...

james said...

see, you might just make it, after all!

or, to paraphrase something people used to say a few years back, "you're good enough, you're hot enough, and gosh darn it, people like you!"

go get 'em!

whimsical brainpan said...

Happy to hear that things are going well for you. :-)

Aaron said...

I knew it was just a matter of time. You're such a ray of fucking sunshine that you couldn't stay cloudy forever!

(Oh, and Miss Lola needs her own TV show.)

Steve said...

So glad that one of my heroes is back in heroic form! No more kryptonite for you, OK?

Michael said...

I agree with Chris - about goddamned time!

MASTER OF CEREMONIES said...

We love you Stephen! Thank you.