Saturday, April 25, 2009

"I Once Played Mother Cabrini... During LENT!"


I'm literally running out the door, but guys...


You know, when another gay icon, Judy Garland, died, it sparked the Gay Rights movement.

We just lost both Dorothy Zbornak AND Maude Findlay.

Straight people better approve Gay Marriage REAL damn quick. Or it's going to get ugly. Faster than you can say, "The Man in the Moon is a Lady.

Or "God'll get you for that, Walter.

Or "Shut up, Rose."

Thanks to Eric McCool for letting me know the sad news.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sad

Aaron said...

I'm very sad at her passing...but SO, SO grateful for what she left us. Her abiding love for our community, her grace and wisdom--and above all, an entire ENCYCLOPEDIA of zingers!

And as you say, the straight community (at least the Pro-Prop 8 folks) had better watch their asses. Don't forget Vera's parting shot to Mame in Connecticut:

"The Man In The Moon is a BITCH!"

That bitch is US, fellas...

Scooter said...

:(

Rick Rockhill said...

It is a shame. I really liked her too. She was a fan of Palm Springs too...we'll miss her here in the desert.

Prospero said...

Let's hope Yenta is making matches in Heaven.

philip said...

I had no idea until I read this. I really had no idea.
This is a large loss.
Sad,
P

yellowdoggranny said...

sigh*....she was one of my very favorite people...we had so much in common..deep voice, sarcastic sense of humor and great timing..

Project Christopher said...

ERIC MCCOOL?

Mark in DE said...

Maybe this is the incentive we need to get out in the streets and demand our equal rights!