Thursday, April 23, 2009

"You've Gotta Have Boobs, If Want to Impress Tycoons & Rubes"

Yesterday, I discovered, once again, that I am a Kinsey Six.

I discovered this in a comic book shop.

Philip and I walked over to Graham Cracker Comics yesterday afternoon and one of my purchases was Supergirl #40.

Looking at the cover to the right, you can see why the guy behind the counter said something like...

"Wow, that cover of Supergirl is all about Superwoman's ass!'

I realized that I'm a Kinsey Six because I didn't even notice Superwoman's oh-so-fine ass, nor did I notice the other cover that the cute college boy behind the counter then mentioned.


He said...

"Yeah, it's just like the cover of Oracle from last week. That was all boobs."

Then, the first guy behind the counter chimed in again, saying...

"Well, that's one good reason to buy that book."

To which, Philip replied...

"Two good reasons."

Once again, in a battle of wits and wittiness, I bow to the quick-minded comedy gold mine that is Philip.

P.S. If one of these covers had featured the (now sadly deceased) Powerboy's nearly naked chest or ass, you can be sure I would have noticed it. I would buy two copies of that. One to read and one to... look at...

3 comments:

cb said...

Ewwwww. You get off looking at dead superheroes??

Polt said...

I noticed barbara's boobs myself, and was shocked! :)

Why can't there be more gay artists helping us brothers out? :)

HUGS....

Anonymous said...

More importantly, what did you think of the big reveal of Super-Woman's secret identity?

(And how fucking rockin' awesome are the Superman titles as of late? God, I loves me some Geoff Johns...)