Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"An Old Fashioned Ladies Pot Party"

You may think that, just because it's been turned into a musical soon to open on Broadway, we can't continue to learn valuable life lessons from the film 9 to 5.

After all, this was the movie that showed me, at a very early age, just how much fun bondage can be. Especially when the cuffs, collar and chains are combined with a simple garage door opener. 

If you haven't tried it, hook a loved one up this weekend. It's hours of fun.

So this Secretaries Day, as a reminder that 9 to 5 is as topical and cutting edge today as it was in 1980, I present the film's most important lesson for working girls and boys everywhere.

When office politics get you down, treat yourself and your co-workers to "An old fashioned ladies pot party."

And you thought it was just a coincidence that Secretaries Day is so close to 4/20. Please...

8 comments:

Rick Rockhill said...

Dolly Parton is SUCH a genius business woman and so talented! IU can't wait to see the broadway play!

Anonymous said...

I can't remember whose blog... I found you through..but I love your spot!

go.

AJohnP said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!

Unfortunately, because of the fact that I'm reading it at work, I can't view all the videos you link.
Boo-hoo. Other than that, it makes me happy. ESPECIALLY the Jerri Blank quote...amazing.

Mouthy Girl said...

I could watch this movie over and over again. My work husband quotes Dolly et al all the time. *sigh* The very best.

Aaron said...

This is the only movie I ever loved Jane Fonda in...and that scene at Doralee's house was the reason why! Her fantasy about bumping off Hart was the absolute SHIT!

Dolly and Lily require no words--Lily's Hart fantasy was the first time I ever doubled over in a movie theatre from laughing so hard, and the body in the trunk scene was so beautifully done: "You-girls-we-have-got-to-get-who-is-that?!"

Stan said...

I saw 9 to 5 when it first came out back in the 80's and loved it. That's when I first started to love Dolly too!

Robb said...

I absolutely love this movie! It's been a fav of mine for years, and one of the few movies that I can watch over and over and over!

Anonymous said...

I love that movie and it never gets old!