Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Excelsior!

My buddy Steve just sent me this picture with this simple note in the subject field...
"Excelsior *#@!*!!"

If you're not a fanboy, you might not know that this is Stan Lee, the co-creator of the classic Marvel Comics characters Spider-Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four and SO many others.

Stan used to end his columns columns in the back of comic books with the word "Excelsior!" which is Latin for "Higher!" or "Superior!" or "Lordly!"

It looks to me like this was taken at the premiere of the first Spider-Man movie and that smile on Stan's face looks like he's saying, "Excelsior, Motherfucker!" or "Spider-Man is the Shit and those Schumacher Batman Movies Sucked Ass, Yo!"

I want image on a t-shirt. This would be the PERFECT thing to wear to a comic book convention. Some would be pissed, some would laugh and all would bow to my brilliance.

2 comments:

Doug said...

Stephen:

I've always wondered why "excelsior" is also the word for wood shavings used in packing fragile items.

Just curious.

xoxo,
Doug

RAD said...

I am hoping they bring back Who Wants To Be A Superhero. I loved that show!