Monday, May 19, 2008

Alex, Honey, Jackie and "Natasha"

Last night, I went to see my friends Alexandra Billings and Honey West sing at 3160.

Since Alex lives in L.A. these days - - shooting pilots with Venessa Redgrave and guest starring on Grey's Anatomy and E.R. - - we don't see very much of her in the Windy City. So when she comes back into town to sing with Honey, the room fills up very fast.

And little did I know as I watched their set that sitting behind was Jackie from THINGS according to me. When she introduced herself to me as I was about to leave, I was thrilled. Not only is Jackie a fabulous blogger, she's also an incredibly charming and beautiful woman who lights up a room with her smile. Meeting her was the perfect ending to a wonderful night.

For what it's worth, I just learned that I share a little something with Alex.

We've sang together at different events here and there and she directed me in a kick ass production of Vampire Lesbians of Sodom a few years back, but that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about our "Google Connection."

If you do a Google image search for the words "drunk fratboy," the first picture that comes up is this picture of Alex as Natasha from the play Cannibal Cheerleaders on Crack.

Similarly, if you do a Google image search for the words "naked fraboy," the fifth picture that comes up is a shirtless hottie from one of my Fratboy Friday posts.

Unfortunately, that's as far as the connection goes.

She gets to act with a Redgrave and I get to paint myself blue at 9:00 a.m. and pop out of a lamp like I'm Barbara friggin' Eden or something. Oy...

5 comments:

Polt said...

Hey, even a tenuous, spider-web-thin, connection is STILL a connection. :)

HUGS....

cb said...

You were IN "Vampire Lesbians of Sodom"??? I love that show!

whimsical brainpan said...

Hey a connection is a connection. :-)

Jackie said...

It was wonderful to meet you too. And I'm not kidding, I look forward to seeing those beautiful bun pics, keep 'em coming.

Java said...

Some people paint the town red. You paint the sissy blue. And get paid for it! Really, dear, of all the parts in that show, you got the best one. Wish I could see you play it.