Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"Do You Know What It Is You Do To Me?"

With all the buzz on the blogs these days focusing on that "ab crunching jackass" Ryan Reynolds landing the role of Hal Jordan, a.k.a. the Green Lantern, I wanted to take a moment and focus on another superhero hottie.

One who hasn't really been given a break. By Hollywood or by the fanboys.

Sure, his casting as "the big, blue Boy Scout" was break enough, but "Superman Returns" wasn't THAT bad folks. If you think it was, watch "Daredevil" again and you'll change your opinion.

Come on. Just look at cute, beefy Brandon Routh.

The only problem with this picture is that it doesn't show one of his best features. You remember how he filled out those Super-briefs in the movie.

Once again quoting Charles Pierce...

"The last time I saw a basket like that it was around Red Riding Hood's arm!"

And as for that t-shirt, all I have to say is...

"I wish I was, baby!
I SO wish I was sitting RIGHT THERE!"



9 comments:

TD said...

I have to agree that Superman Returns does not deserve the slamming it has taken. It wasn't unworthy of the Donner/Reeve canon, but it wasn't one of the best superhero films either (Iron Man still tops my list).

Re: Daredevil, if you can find a copy of the Director's Cut, do so. It's a TOTALLY different film. The theatrical release actually removed an entire story thread and turned a very Miller-esque tortured love story/violent redemption tale into a glib hundred-minute action flick.

Stephen R. said...

Chris - I'm just quoting Betty White in that hilarious video she did promoting THE PROPOSAL. She called Ryan an ab crunching jackass and I did a spit-take all over my computer screen. (A SPIT-take. Don't get dirty, now).

Todd - I didn't know that about DAREDEVIL. I'll have to find that because I REALLY wanted to like that movie. The Miller run on Daredevil was incredible, and the cut of the film that I saw felt like Daredevil by Revlon.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Brandon Routh. I thought he was a great Superman and I hope there is another movie. He is just so so fine.

Interesting comment about Daredevil. I should try and find the director's cut too. Because the movie I saw in the theater was not good.

TD said...

Not to belabor the Daredevil reference, but: theatrical release = PG-13, fluffy and weak on character. Director's Cut = R for Millerific darkness, violence and very deep (and deeply flawed) characters, murdered hookers and vigilante angst. It's much more like the Miller/Janson comic run as if pulled off the page.

I honestly wouldn't recommend it if I didn't think it was worth your time, and so far I have won several converts who *hated* the theatrical release and *love* the Director's Cut.

I will leave you to keep fawning over Routh. :)

jer said...

i want to climb him like a tree.

Wonder Man said...

he's hot, so hot

Mark in DE said...

Love the Charles Pierce reference!

Prospero said...

I will be very sad if there are no more Brandon Routh 'Superman" movies.

Tim said...

Yes, SUPE RETURNS wasn't bad at all, and I got goosebumps during the "I can fly" scene in IMAX. I mean, how can you not love Spacey (brilliant Lex), Posey, Langella, Marsden (yes, please),and Routh's ...ahem... talents. But Kate Bosworth was so horrendously miscast as Lois it almost ruined the entire film. For some die hard fans, I think it did.