Thursday, July 02, 2009

"Don't Need Nothin' But a Good Time"

My cousin Kristie saw the Broadway show Rock of Ages tonight and sent me this text just before the curtain went up...

"OMG They are serving wine coolers!"

Somewhere in the middle of my high school experience, Kristie, my friend Scot & I, with many others, would attend midnight showings of The Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Terrace Tap-House (a place as redneck and ridiculous as it sounds) not because we loved the movie (which we did), but because they never carded us and they had an ongoing in-house special...

Six dollars for a pitcher of wine coolers. Cherry was our favorite.

I miss the wine coolers. The 80's were pretty damn great. If you take away AIDS, Reagan and acid wash jeans, that is.

4 comments:

Rick Rockhill said...

acid wash jeans...wow, I thought I had successfully driven that image from my mind.

Anatomicsd said...

The Rocky Horror Picture Show was my introduction to all things gay. It will play a role in my wedding...should I ever have one.

Anonymous said...

Yeah tha was kinda fcked up how MJ's death over shadowed Farrah Fawcetts. It's sad they both have passed but you know how America is...they want "NEWS" and probably didn't have anything else to report on the Beautiful Farrah Fawcett that they hadn't before. What a shame.

Yeah you were wrong for the "Pedophile Parade" comment...but I was even more wrong for bursting out laughing!

Sincerely,

Go.

Amy said...

You know I can't find cherry wine coolers any more?! Last time I had some was three years ago in Florida. I bought two cases.