Sunday, July 12, 2009

"You Show Me Oscar Wilde in a Cowboy Suit and I'll Show You a Gay Caballero"

I've been downloading a ton of comedy albums lately.

I love to listen to them as I walk here and there in the city. Just so that I will bust out with one of my obnoxious horse-snorts of a laugh in public.

Laughing to a joke that no one else hears. It makes me even more of a freakish outcast. I kinda love it.

This morning, I'm listening to George Carlin's "Carlin at Carnegie" album and I had forgotten this quote...

"You show me a tropical fruit
and I'll show you a cocksucker from Guatemala."


Hilarious. And stunningly true.

It's a much funnier version of something I say all when someone tells me about a violent homophobe...

"You show me a homophobic gay basher and
I'll show you a closeted cocksucker."


It's always the case, isn't it? George's quote is funnier, though.

I could use a tropical fruit right about now...


1 comment:

Prospero said...

While as far from a sports fan as anyone (gay, straight, male or female) can be, one of my favorite Carlin bits is "The Difference Between Baseball and Football." A true genius of the English language.