Tuesday, July 07, 2009

"It Will Knock Yo' Socks Clean Off and Into the Washer"

Go here right now...

...Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200, Do Not Walk Past Me Without Grabbing My Ass...

...and listen to Paula Deen on the "Not My Job" segment of Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! It's priceless.

I always get a little anxious and angry when yankees (Yes, I sometimes talk like Miss Pittypat from Gone with the Wind... Get used to it...) talk to Paula and begin to slightly make fun of her and her "one stick of butter, two cups of sour cream and three Krispy Kreme donuts" recipes. But as you an hear in the clip, Paula wins them over. She is personable and funny and cute and reminds me of my mama. Always.

And since I live 550 miles from Mama, Paula is a cure for my ever-present homesickness. Every day. I love her. Enjoy the clip and "Best dishes from my kitchen to yours!"


P.S. If you saw Paula on Kathy Griffin's My Life on the D-List a few weeks ago, you might have recognized Paula's cute assistant Brandon Branch from right here at ARE YOU THERE, BLOG. He's the same Brandon Branch that I wrote about years ago.

That's him in the v-neck, white t-shirt and blazer in the picture below. Hot, huh?

I went to a Paula Deen book signing here in town and he was standing by the table. When I walked up with my Lady and Sons t-shirt on, Brandon said, "Nice shirt." I was too starstruck with Paula to fully acknowledge Brandon's compliment. He's so damn attractive! I should have said...

"You like my shirt? It would look better on your bedroom floor."

But alas, I missed my opportunity.

(Thanks to Michael for posting this clip on Facebook! Yes, Facebook. I've joined the masses.)

8 comments:

Amy said...

Paula Deen is my idol. My dream is that she adopts me and has me move in with her.

Prospero said...

One of the silent auction items at this year's JTMF event was a signed copy of Paula's most recent cookbook. I won it and am giving it to my mom for her birthday. She loves Paula.

kansastock said...

Check out her recipe for 'krispy cream breakfast casserole' on food.com, I think. You'll get cavities just reading it!

Kinda like your teeth falling out after a bite of sweet Brandon.

Stephen said...

I loved her on Kathy Griffin...I am now won over by her. I had seen her on TV before, but watched with with morbid fascination. Her cooking is the opposite of my eating, but the way she handled herself on Kathy Griffin & trhe fact that she has the cute & tipsy gay assistant... well, count me as a fan.

Wonder Man said...

I love her. I hope to meet her someday

yellowdoggranny said...

i love everything about her except for her voice..my worse nightmare happened the other morning..she was on the rachael rae show..between their 2 voices i wanted to jump out of the window..i love their recipes and their cooking but oh lordy those voices

cb said...

I thin it's a prerequisite for all southerners to worship Paula Deen and Sordid Lives.

And NASCAR.

heat said...

I adore Paula Deen and have the book that you posted a picture of. I wish she was my Mom, but my ass is fat enough already. (her sons are pretty cute though)