Friday, July 24, 2009

"Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe"

You know you've truly arrived when Google replaces their logo with one they designed just for you and yours.

Sure, major holidays are given their own special Google logo. The anniversary of the Apollo Moon landing just had its own Google logo a few days ago. But yesterday, the geeks inherited the search... engine...

In honor of the beginning of Comic-Con in San Diego, Google had (and still has) this logo for their main search page. And not to be bitchy (who me?), but I truly love that it's an all DC logo.

However, both DC and Marvel characters can be found in Google's second little treat - - a group of different comic book themes for your iGoogle page.

I chose the "Batman Reborn" theme and, unless I'm hallucinating (which, of course, is always a possibility), the pictures on the theme changed overnight.

Last night, I had Poison Ivy. Right now, I have the new, "Who the frack is she" Batgirl.

Sure, it's not San Diego, but I'll take it. I'm easy.

Thanks to Michael M. for pointing this out to me yesterday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this yesterday too! Loved it. I'm a huge superhero fan. One year I might have to check out this Comic Con Event. I know I'd enjoy it!

Polt said...

I noticed this as well, and was quite happy that only DC characters were featured, although I was more than a bit dismayed to see Plastic Man, but no Superman.

What the hell is up with that???

HUGS...

Stephen R. said...

Michael - If you go, I'll go. And there isn't a doubt in my mind that I would enjoy it. Buff guys dressed like Hawkman - - I would never leave!!

Polt - Yeah, that is kinda messed up. If we don't have Supes, couldn't we at least get Elongated Man? I mean, I know he's dead, but he and Sue are up and walking around thanks to Blackest Night. :)

Java said...

When I saw that on Google (was it yesterday?) I immediately thought of you, Stephen. I hoped you would see it. I'd have mentioned it to you myself, but ... (I can't remember what the fuck was going on, but it was a clusterfuck for sure.)

Stephen R. said...

Java - A clusterfuck? That's pretty much the way it is around here these days as well. And not in a good way, either! :)

Prospero said...

As much as I (along with everyone else) hated "Batman and Robin," you have to admit that Thurman's entrance in an ape costume is the hottest thing since Garbo's turn in a gorilla suit.