Wednesday, July 08, 2009

“I Was Street-Smart, But Unfortunately the Street Was Rodeo Drive”

I'm back on the Windy City Queercast once again. This time discussing Pride, Farrah Fawcett, Carrie Fisher and Michael Jackson.

I know, I know. I'm sorry. I'm sick of all the MJ business, too.

When someone at last night's Windy City Media Group company party asked me if I had watched the coverage of Michael Jackson's memorial, I screamed...

"Can we please put the son of a bitch in the ground
and be done with it?!? I mean, really!"


But maybe I'm a little harsh with it comes to MJ. Carrie Fisher certainly seems to have a soft spot for him, as you can read in her latest blog post.

And really, anybody who has read a copy of Carrie's book "Wishful Drinking" can't be all that bad, can they?

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm with you. I was over it the day after.

cb said...

Um, I 'stopped because I got enough' of MJ years ago.

james said...

nah, don't put him in the ground, because then his grave will be like mecca for the people who can't get enough of his death.

i say cremate him and scatter the ashes at disney land. i think he might like that. or give the ashes to liz taylor. poor gal -- all her gay friends always die too soon.