Saturday, July 11, 2009

If You Can Use Some Exotic Booze, There's a Bar in Far Bombay"

I kept seeing this commercial over and over again today...



...and it annoys the fuck out of me.

First of all, I've heard that Sean "Puffy" Combs doesn't even DRINK this brand of vodka, since it isn't high-end and/or expensive enough for his oh-so-cultured taste.

Next, where did the "D" go in the word "vodka"? Sean seems to have lost it. And I'm a big fan of vodka, so when someone refers to my drink of choice as "vah-ka," it pisses me off.

But what really annoys me about this commercial is the use of Frank Sinatra's "Come Fly with Me." Puff Daddy (or P. Diddy or whatever the Hell you're calling yourself these days), no matter how much money you have, how many women you surround yourself with and how many tuxes you own, you will never be as cool, hip, hep and "with it" as Sinatra was. And still is. Ever.

I mean, the pairing of Frank Sinatra and Sean Combs is like Liza Minnelli becoming "besties" with Usher, which would be ridic... u.... lous...



Fuck.

Nevermind.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the missing "D" thing. What's up with that?
These kids today.