Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"And Now, Let's End This Meeting on a High Note!"

This being Bastille Day, I've been humming La Marseillaise most of the day. And when I'm not humming it, I've been singing it. Out loud.

I learned the words in my high school French class. And from that great scene in "Casablanca."

Thank God I work alone on Tuesdays. Anyone who worked near me today would have killed me. And since it's le quatorze juillet, they probably would have taken me to the guillotine. Just like Marie Antoinette.

Ah, la révolution and Marie Antoinette. I think one of my idols, Charles Pierce, said it best.

Marie Antoinette...

"She wasn't the only queen in history to lose her head over a basket, y'know."

3 comments:

Prospero said...

"My good friend Sophie Tucker gave me that note. I'd like to give it to her back. And then her front."

AJohnP said...

Please tell me that the title of this entry is a reference to 'History of the World, Part 1'.

Mark in DE said...

LOVE Charles Pierce!!