Tuesday, February 05, 2008

TMI Tuesday

It's "Super Tuesday" and it's also "Fat Tuesday." Ergo, it's Super Fat TMI Tuesday.

Near country-wide primary elections being held on a day when most people get drunk enough to show their tits or their cock to a complete stranger for a few inches of plastic beads. Who thought this was a good combination of events?

1. By what nickname(s) were you known as a child?

I was born bald - - God only graced me with a few years of hair actually growing on the top of my head - - and I was very thin as a pre-schooler, so my parents nicknamed me "Toothpick."

Yeah...

I could be worse. My stepmother loved watching YOGI BEAR as a child and would always repeat Yogi's catchphrase "Hey, Boo Boo!," so her family nicknamed her, "Boo." They still call her "Boo." In fact, her nieces call her "Aunt Boo," and when my father married her, they of course nicknamed him "Uncle Boo."

I made it quite clear very early on that I would not answer to nor would I accept being referred to as "Cousin Boo." I'm a redneck, but there are limits.


2. Do you have a favorite poem and, if so, what is it? Recite it (or a snippet) here, please.

This is, hands down, my current favorite poem. It's by Mrs. Dorothy Parker...

Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song,
A medley of extemporanea;

And love is a thing that can never go wrong;

And I am Marie of Romania.

- Comment (1937)


3. What is your greatest regret in life, something that you failed to do that you wish you did?

My greatest regret is that at age 25, I didn't realize that people were more important than plays and I let the one man who I loved and who loved me slip through my fingers because I decided that "The Theatre" was more important that our relationship.

He's in a very stable, wonderful relationship now and I wish him the best. But every time I see him, I wish that I had grabbed hold of him tightly and never let anything take me away from him for a second.

I think my dating life since him has been trying to find another one like him. And there aren't very many like him. But when I find another, I will not make the same mistake twice.


4. You are tired and hungry, but it's too late to cook. If any snack food were available to you, what would you choose and why?

Raw chocolate chip cookie dough eaten with a spoon directly from the tube.

And in my experience with this food, it's always best to keep a box of oyster crackers handy, so that you can alternate between the sweet and the savory and consume all of the cookie dough in one sitting.

Why is this my favorite snack food? I guess because shoving a stick of butter into a bag of sugar is too gauche. How the Hell as I supposed to answer that question?!?


5. What is the oldest item of clothing (not jewelry!) that you wear regularly and what do you love about it?

Well, it's not really THAT old - - I mean, I have some sweaters from the 80's that I just can't bear to give away, but I also wouldn't dare leave the house in them either - - but I have a pair of black Calvin Klein briefs that hold the boys up perfectly.

I always wear them when I'm performing a cabaret show. That way, if people don't enjoy my music, they have something to stare at. I'm a giver. I care about my audience.


Bonus (as in optional):Name a movie or TV show that changed your thinking or behavior.

I don't know that it changed my thinking or my behavior all that much, but my deep love of REMINGTON STEELE back in the day caused me to start quoting and referencing old movies (just like Mr. Steele) and also created my love for convertible Volkswagen Rabbits and my hope to one day live in a loft apartment (just like Laura Holt).

Also, it created my wish to one day blow Pierce Brosnan, but that's a dream that I doubt will be realized. But in my mind... Oh, in my mind...

9 comments:

Aaron said...

What are these "boys" you refer to? :-)

I LOVED "Remington Steele." I liked Laura's VW Rabbit, too, but thought it should have been red with a black top. (The white was so--well, "prissy.")

I think everyone has "one who got away." Nobody knows all the answers when they're actually living through life (we're too busy, you know, LIVING it)...but I think there's someone special still out there for you, because I don't think fate is so vindictive as to hold our youthful mistakes against us forver (at least I hope not!)

Project Christopher said...

Coming from the guy who likes dipping Wendy's fries in a frosty, I really can't argue people's taste, but cookie dough and oysters??? BLARF! But in the gutter thinking... a healthy libido and chocolate chip cookies... what else could you want?? :)

Anonymous said...

First of all, who said that PB can't be blown? Have you ASKED him? Better yet, have you asked his wife? She'd probably be relieved to have the afternoon off to go shopping. As to the ongoing absence-of-mate dilemma, whenever you're ready for me to pick one out, just let me know. And remember that, despite their LOOKS and their MONEY, you rejected the last several that I chose without so much as a fare-thee-well, so be sure you're ready! I hate to shop, especially for others.

Anonymous said...

I too have dreams involving Pierce Brosnan.

Anonymous said...

That's it! You're now officially....

BUBBA BOO!
*grin*

btw -- voted and anxious...

Anonymous said...

Kudos on the raw cookie dough, Boo Rader.

David said...

Pierce Brosnan, in perfect black briefs, eating cookie dough while reciting poetry.

PLEASE someone arrange for me to be present when this occurs. So much hottness, so little self-control!

Bunny said...

Tube? You eat cookie dough from a tube? Ack!! Just throw the butter, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips, and eggs in the mixer and go to town! No preservatives or chemicals with funny names, just raw eggs to worry about.

Okay, enough ranting. Sorry.

Happy TMI, Toothpick!

Stephen R. said...

aaron - Glad to know there are other REMINGTON STEELE fans out there. And that fate won't keep me waiting much longer for another shot at love. :)

chris - Not oysters - - oyster CRACKERS!!!! Oysters and cookie dough? Yuck!!!

master aaron - Well, set me up, baby. Let's get this party started.

dana - Wanna share Pierce?

eric - Bubba Boo?!!? Oh, no you didn't!!

shirley - Boo Rader! Dear Lord...

david - I LOVE the way you think! Now, THAT'S a scene I want to play out in real life VERY SOON!!!

bunny - I know, but then I have to actually, sort of... you know... cook. The tube is so much easier for us fat asses!!!